DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

1. Enable HDCP protected content playback on macOS (iTunes)

Hi,

I had to downgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 because of the multi-monitor incompatibility of Displaylink 10.13.4. I need my multi monitor setup. But the truth is that Displaylink 4.1, which is compatible with Sierra 10.12.6, deactivate iTunes movies. Here is the message:

The selected display won't play on one of your connected displays

This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Try moving the iTunes window to a different display. Make sure the entire window is on the supported display.

When I remove Displaylink from OSX 10.1206, iTunes movie start to plays back.…

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Win-10 High-CPU

Get rid of lag and high CPU usage with in windows 10, while using a dock. I have seen Windows Driver foundation get as high as 62% when moving items on my screen.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for VMware USB passthrough so guest OS can have dedicated display output

For DL-3xxx and DL-5xxx devices especially.

This is already working for MacOS but not working for Windows (as mentioned in DisplayLink KB 544870) and Linux.

This will allow multiple DisplayLinks to be used on single VM hosts behaving like thin clients, which is an enormous user base and thus market potential.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support lightning (aka HiDPI) resolutions

On Mac Mojave, Displaylink does not support HiDPI resolutions. These are screen modes that render the desktop at double the size so that fonts become more crisp. For example on my 1440p monitor, there's a 720p HiDPI mode. When I connect the monitor directly to my mac, this mode can be selected. When I connect via my Dell D6000, nothing happens when selecting this mode.

You can use the following open source application to select resolutions:

https://github.com/chris1111/RDM

A related issue is that custom resolutions added by the above application do not work when the monitor is connected via Displaylink -…

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can’t unlock the MacBook Pro with Apple Watch while displaylink is active

Can’t unlock the MacBook Pro with Apple Watch while displaylink is active because the machine thinks the screen is being shared. Please implement a flag to the OS that displaylink is not screen sharing but is an authorized virtual display.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide the capacity to color correct monitors with ICC profiles and custom Look Up Tables.

I would like to be able to use my monitor color calibration tool [i1Profiler] to create and used custom ICC profiles for the monitors attached to the Display Link docking station.
    There does not seem to be any capability to do this with the current system.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MacOS Display Arrangement does not save.

With the latest release of Display Link, the Display Arrangement for a MacBook Air with 2 external monitors reverts back to default every time the machine is put to sleep or restarted.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix rotation of multiple external displays on MacOS

Currently the 'workaround' specified on DisplayLink forum to enable rotation (open System Preferences with Opt-Cmd pressed) does not enable rotation scheme on all external displays (only allows rotation on internal laptop display..) This provides no assistance to setting rotation for DisplayLink devices.

Please make the change to driver to allow different resolutions (rotated resolutions) on your displaylink devices so that MacOS Catalina etc. users can benefit from rotation on big external displays.

Many thanks,

M.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. better mac icc profiles for monitors

hi!

there seems to be a need for better icc color profiles for mac. i'm using asus mb169b+ portable monitor and the colors are not very good. there is a real problem with the subtile greys, they are not getting displayed.

hopefully there will be something done about this.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DisplayLink Add Debian support and Support f.lux and Night Light on

DisplayLink Add Debian support and Support f.lux and redshift on Linux Debian and distro based on Debian

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support more than 4 external displays in MacOS Big Sur

I recently upgraded to MacOS Big Sur and was forced to transition from the legacy driver to Display Link Manager 1.1. My five display setup no longer works . Please consider supporting more than 4 external monitors

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add displaylink updates to SCCM trough SCUP catalog

Add displaylink updates to SCCM trough SCUP catalog download url.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Netflix support on Android device

Netflix support from Android device

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Issues with OSX using 802.1x using System Keychain

We just deployed a few hundred of these devices (The Dell D6000)and the OSX devices will not use the system keychain to authenticate to 802.1x, This works properly with the onboard NIC, Apple USB-C Adapter, Belkin USB-C Adapter.

We use an OSX Profile that states how to connect to 802.1x with ethernet using system credentials. This does not work with the Displaylink Dock. I can however manually input credentials manually and it works, but no user accounts are allowed to authenticate only machine accounts.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retain Windows positions on screen when plugging in dock cable

When i switch between 2 computers using the same dock, all the windows positions are lost and i have to spend time rearranging them back to where i like them (across multiple monitors). I swap pcs regularly during the day and i waste alot of time doing this. If it can retain the windows settings it would be awesome

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the EXTREME Mouse Lag after updating to Big Sur (MacOS)

I thought it's my system so I kept on restarting my system but then realized it's the DisplayLink driver after I updated to Big Sur. Any idea of when it's getting fixed.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make DisplayLink installer compatible with Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo)

I'm testing the prerelease version of the next Ubuntu release, 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo). There are incompatibilities between 21.04 and the current Ubuntu DisplayLink release, and I wanted to bring them to your attention, in case you weren't already aware, ask whether you are aware of any workarounds, and ask what your timeline is for supporting 21.04.

1) The evdi kernel module that ships with your DisplayLink installer does not compile under 21.04. I had to use the evdi module included with Ubuntu rather than the version that comes with your DisplayLink installer.

2) It appears that if my DisplayLink hub…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add support for Ubuntu Touch

Ubuntu Touch originally developed by canonical is still being developed by ubports.
    I believe it could benefit from display link technology for external display support
    it is currently based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and is pretty well supported
    it also uses an android container to interface with userspace drivers

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FreeBSD support

I use SUNIX VGA2715 which shows it is DisplayLink adapter. It works fine on Mac but it dosn't work on FreeBSD even if I load dynamic kernel module "udl".

I am not familiar with that ; if it requires additional driver, could DisplayLink provide or give me any possible to workaround ?

Thanks,
    Apua

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here