DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

1. Add display calibration with the Apple color calibrator

Right now, the only profile allowed for my external displayPort displays is sRGB, whereas I have my own calibrations which color correct my monitors.

As it is now, I only calibrate the color profile of my laptop monitor and the HDMI-connected screen, neither of which utilize your driver..

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the High CPU usage (20-40%) issue! Mint Linux 19.3 Kernel 5.4 & Cinnamon UI. Fan kicks in every 2 minutes-DisplayLink is top process

Fix the High CPU usage (20-40%) issue! Mint Linux 19.3 Kernel 5.4 & Cinnamon UI. Fan kicks in every 2 minutes-DisplayLink is top process using between 20 and 50% of CPU every 2 minutes. I have only one 32" monitor connected at 2560x1440 resolution and 60 Hz and using Chrome to browse the web (Phillips 328E)

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. package ubuntu software properly

Packaging of ubuntu drivers into a .zip file with a name containing lots of spaces, which unzips into the current folder instead of a subfolder, and then requires the manual execution of an installer script (which may as well be called setup.exe), makes ubuntu users feel like we are running Windows again, and reminds us why we hated it so much. Ubuntu offers a superior packaging format (the .deb package), and a repository model which offers streamlined installation, and automatic updates forever. Setting up a repository for your software and packaging it properly will take very little more effort than…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Work to provide RHEL/CentOS native compatibility

Every employee in the modern corporate environment has a laptop.

On each laptop are displaylink drivers to support the docks at workstations (for 2 to 6 monitors).

All of those workstations run windows, but they don't have to - they could run RHEL or CentOS instead, if there was a displaylink driver available.

Please work to create and support a displaylink driver for RHEL/CentOS. You would bring joy to many developers and engineers working from both home and office.

As the displays are relevant for only the workstations, creating it only for the latest version and not back-porting (RHEL/CentOS 8)…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Linux Driver Management integration

Integrate Solus' Linux Driver Management (https://solus-project.com/2018/01/26/linux-driver-management-1-0-released/) to better support Linux distros.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add upgrade logic to the Linux installation scripts

I had version 1.1.62 of the Ubuntu driver installed. When I tried to install the new driver, I got errors saying the EVDI module was running and I needed to reboot to continue the installation. After reboot, I got the same error again.

After looking into the running DisplayLinkManager process, I ended up dropping into /usr/lib/displaylink and running the install script there with the uninstall option:

me@mine:/usr/lib/displaylink$ sudo ./displaylink-installer.sh uninstall
    DisplayLink Linux Software 1.1.62 install script called: uninstall
    Distribution discovered: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
    Uninstalling
    Removing EVDI from kernel tree, DKMS, and removing sources.
    Stopping DLM systemd service
    Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/graphical.target.wants/displaylink.service. …

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Internal MBP monitor disabled after opening lid

When using certain applications (namely, any Native Instruments product, e.g. Kontakt and Creator Tools), DisplayLink behaves strangely as reported in another issue.
    I'm used to keep the lid closed in order to use the external monitor only. Under certain circumstances, reopening the lid will keep the internal monitor disabled (i.e. black screen). The only workaround for this is hard-reboot.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Conflicts using Nvidia Prime, Displaylink and Ubuntu

I would like to describe conflicts using Nvidia Prime, Displaylink and Ubuntu in my experience.

My environment: Ubuntu 18.10, Nvidia GTX 1070 (nvidia-driver-415), Displaylink 5.1, Asus MB168B+ (USB monitor), laptop Gigabyte Aero15x.

If I try to login with nvidia profile activated and anything connected in USB ports (even only a mouse), I will face a login loop. It only will stop after disconnecting all USB devices, restarting the system and then I'll be able to login into my Ubuntu. Once logged in, I can connect my USB devices and use everything included my second monitor.

If I try to login…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable 4K HDR support to TV's for extended display use when viewing High End Photographs in Capture One or other Photo Edditing software

A large number of Photographers are using high end Cameras capable of recording 16 bits per pixel HDR. There are also a large number of 4K HDR TV's being sold but they only display Jpeg format at 8 bits per pixel. It would be fantastic to have a device that would bring these technologies together so people could use their TV's to view and or edit their HDR photographs properly on a 4K HDR device.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Redhat CentOS Support for Enterprise

Redh at7/Centos7 support!!!! The enterprise distro. Not some toy/play useless OS like ubuntu which is unusable in enterprise

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. See all dockingstations of same type as same device

Hi!

We have installed a multitude of workstations with the same type of DisplayLink docking station. When moving from one station to another, the monitor settings are "forgotten" and the new Dell D6000 is seen as a completely new device, and new drivers and settings for monitors, network and usb are needed to be configured.

Therefore I suggest making it possible to have the driver think that all docks of the same type is also the same device. This will make this problem go away.

Thanks
    Patrik

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ubuntu package with Linux Kernel 5.7 support for new Ryzen Renoir 4000 series laptops

Ubuntu package with Linux Kernel 5.7 support for new Ryzen Renoir 4000 series laptops.

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 and purchased a Qgeem USB to HDMI adapter to add a second external monitor. The Ubuntu 20.04 displaylink package works but is quite buggy. The video has more lag than on other hardware and the video input can act erratic at times.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for ios 13 or make a product mainly for it.

Add support to ios ( idk if this is even possible ) but iOs 13 looks promising. A dock or stand for ipad pro for mainly desktop use would be great!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Implement Clamshell mode for Big Sur / M1 Chip

I cannot run external displays while in clamshell mode on Big Sur, while the laptop is open it works perfectly fine.

The second you close the laptop and enter clamshell mode you lose signal to your external displays.

This has issue has over 450 votes and has been an issue since August 2020, how long do we have to wait for this to be implemented or is there any work arounds that are currently working?

This is a major issue that is affecting thousands of users, we haven't had any update since November.... Will this ever be fixed?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Engage the Linux Foundation to develop your drivers.

The Linux Foundation is the place to get things into the kernel. They will help you integrate your hardware into the mainline kernel without compromising any internal IP you may be worried about. Its really the only way to get a driver working for any OS. Work with upstream not against it.

This translates to Windows and OS X as well. I was frustrated getting my device working with Windows. Complete pain and not plug and play by any means. OS X Mojave doesn't work at all and Linux shows the same behaviour. Flickering on and off rapidly an when…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve DisplayLink performance on macOS BigSur (11.1)

I bought the "USB-C Universal Quad 4K (QV4K) Docking Station with 100W Power Delivery" ($500) and three 1440p displays ($1500) to find out my macbook-pro OS version (BigSur - 11.1) has unusable lag with DisplayLink... The mouse cursor is a jarring delay behind the inputs I give and swapping between application windows or workspaces has extreme tearing/stuttering.. looks like its running at about 5 FPS - this is on the recommended monitor resolution too

Really disappointing DisplayLink

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix DisplayLink 5.1.1 drivers for Mac.

5.1.1 causes Zoom.us video conferencing and CamTwist to crash when installed.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xrandr panning on Linux

I have a 12inch 2880x1920 monitor (eDP-1) and a 21inch (eDP-1) with a 1920x1080 native res. I tried to use

xrandr --fb 6720x2160 --output DVI-I-2-2 --mode 1920x1080 --right-of eDP-1 --scale 2x2 --panning 3840x2160+2880+0

and I got:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 140 (RANDR)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 29 (RRSetPanning)
    Serial number of failed request: 46
    Current serial number in output stream: 46

I have an Asus t303ua
    with:
    VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 520 (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Is there a plan to support panning in…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need to be able to select the rendering GPU.

I have 3 GPUs in my computer and the DisplayLink driver always defaults to GPU 0 in the system. I only want GPU 0 to drive a single monitor, and use my secondary GPUs for rendering non-intensive content, which is what I use the USB monitor for.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Connecting via Cat6 instead of USB3

Would be nice to rackmount a few of my PCs in the garage and just gave displaylink devices on the desks kinda like dumb terminals. 3m USB 3 cable limit doesnt allow for this. Maybe its possible with usb extenders. But to get the hot and loud gaming PC's out of the rooms will be a win.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base