DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

1. Support rotation on M1 Macs

Update to enable rotation to work correctly on M1 Macs.

1,015 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    248 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MacOS BigSur - M1 support: works great, but it would be really helpful to have the "looks like 2560x1440" option available for 4K resolution

use now a DisplayLink capable hub to use an 2nd external monitor on a M1 MacBook..

works great, but on that screen I can only choose between "Looks like 1920x1080" or the full 4K resolution - which is not really good to read on that monitor.....

Would be really great, if the "Looks like 2560x1440" resolution (scaling of UI) would be supported in one of the following updates.....

Would be great to have HiDPI support for all display resolutions the M1 Macs support for the 1st external monitor

509 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. macOS App: Clamshell / Lid Closed Mode

The macOS App driver does not allow me to operate on external monitors with the laptop closed. I had to uninstall the driver and reinstall the one from November to be able to work in clamshell mode. This is glitchy in the old driver, often freezing my computer. I was hoping to see this stabilize so I wouldn't have to restart so often (almost every time I disconnect my laptop from the docking station).

1,069 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    274 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make DisplayLink installer compatible with Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo)

I'm testing the prerelease version of the next Ubuntu release, 21.04 (Hirsute Hippo). There are incompatibilities between 21.04 and the current Ubuntu DisplayLink release, and I wanted to bring them to your attention, in case you weren't already aware, ask whether you are aware of any workarounds, and ask what your timeline is for supporting 21.04.

1) The evdi kernel module that ships with your DisplayLink installer does not compile under 21.04. I had to use the evdi module included with Ubuntu rather than the version that comes with your DisplayLink installer.

2) It appears that if my DisplayLink hub…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix drivers about screen lag when using external 4K monitor (macOS Catalina)

Please fix DisplayLink Drivers as using an external 4K monitor (Samsung S32R750) with Targus DV4K with latest drivers (5.2.5) on macOS Catalina (10.15.6 on MacBook Pro 16" 2020) plugged through Apple USB-C cable (40 Gbits) is making everything "laggy" on the external 4K (mouse, space change, video playing, etc.).
    Everything has been tested (cables check and changes, switching HDMI or DisplayPort, using original Targus single USB-C cable or using Apple USB-C cable, etc.) to see this issue it is ONLY and DIRECTLY linked to DisplayLink Drivers on MacOS.
    No issues when using a simple USB-C adapter with 4K HDMI (instead…

190 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can’t unlock the MacBook Pro with Apple Watch while displaylink is active

Can’t unlock the MacBook Pro with Apple Watch while displaylink is active because the machine thinks the screen is being shared. Please implement a flag to the OS that displaylink is not screen sharing but is an authorized virtual display.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Apple TV (application) won't display image while DisplayPort is running.

Apple TV opens windows and time advances but no images are displayed. Quitting DisplayPort manager resolves the problem.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. remove the need to have screen recording turned on

remove the need to have screen recording turned on this is just poor programming on your part as other companies don't do this and it very bad for security

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix rotation of multiple external displays on MacOS

Currently the 'workaround' specified on DisplayLink forum to enable rotation (open System Preferences with Opt-Cmd pressed) does not enable rotation scheme on all external displays (only allows rotation on internal laptop display..) This provides no assistance to setting rotation for DisplayLink devices.

Please make the change to driver to allow different resolutions (rotated resolutions) on your displaylink devices so that MacOS Catalina etc. users can benefit from rotation on big external displays.

Many thanks,

M.

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for Samsung's Dex and Huawei's Desktop mode Android

Guys will be awesome that displaylink apps could take advantage of these features, they are already working desktop experiences for Android, we will only need you guys to support those functionalities over the wired connection instead just mirroring the phone.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please support screen rotation on the m1 MacBooks

Please support screen rotation on the m1 MacBooks because now there are so many vertical videos out there and we really want one of our 2 external monitors vertical.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support more than 4 external displays in MacOS Big Sur

I recently upgraded to MacOS Big Sur and was forced to transition from the legacy driver to Display Link Manager 1.1. My five display setup no longer works . Please consider supporting more than 4 external monitors

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the EXTREME Mouse Lag after updating to Big Sur (MacOS)

I thought it's my system so I kept on restarting my system but then realized it's the DisplayLink driver after I updated to Big Sur. Any idea of when it's getting fixed.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ICC support on BigSur and Intel macs

As of now there's a littl quirk in the way DL manages screens and icc profiles. On my M1 11.6 macOS my screens are detected in ColorSync. Thus I can use ICC profiles for calibration. On my work intel 11.6 macOS the screens are not detected. This is weird considering that DisplayLink caters to the "pro" community. As of now I have o idead what profile my INTEL is using thus making my color critical work laptop slightly useless.

But, why is the M1 seeing them? I would expect that this would be a problem on M1s not INTEL.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display Hard Disk Icon on macOS Big Sur 1.6 while using DisplayLink ? Is it possible ?

Display Hard Disk Icon on macOS Big Sur 1.6 while using DisplayLink ? Is it possible ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Manager / option for disable one of external monitor

Hi,
    I am using HP G2 universal dock which support 2xDP and 1xHDMI.
    It would be great to control from app/manager enabling and disabling one of external monitor.
    I see it like available monitors list with checkbox (enabled/disabled) in DisplayLink Manager located in top bar - macOS.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support to

Suppor of I1 display pro of X-rite on Mac-os Big Sur to make it possible that i can callibrate my two other screens.
    Now this is impossilble. The two other screens are not recognised.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. screen not detected with 10.1 M2 Win

I updated my system from 10.1 M1 to 10.1 M2 (Win10, Plugable UD6950 USB3 dual 4K, BenQ 3440x1440) and the monitor was not longer detected, even after rebooting PC+dock.
    Fortunatly desinstalling M2 and reinstalling M1 solve the issue

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement Clamshell mode for Big Sur / M1 Chip

I cannot run external displays while in clamshell mode on Big Sur, while the laptop is open it works perfectly fine.

The second you close the laptop and enter clamshell mode you lose signal to your external displays.

This has issue has over 450 votes and has been an issue since August 2020, how long do we have to wait for this to be implemented or is there any work arounds that are currently working?

This is a major issue that is affecting thousands of users, we haven't had any update since November.... Will this ever be fixed?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve DisplayLink performance on macOS BigSur (11.1)

I bought the "USB-C Universal Quad 4K (QV4K) Docking Station with 100W Power Delivery" ($500) and three 1440p displays ($1500) to find out my macbook-pro OS version (BigSur - 11.1) has unusable lag with DisplayLink... The mouse cursor is a jarring delay behind the inputs I give and swapping between application windows or workspaces has extreme tearing/stuttering.. looks like its running at about 5 FPS - this is on the recommended monitor resolution too

Really disappointing DisplayLink

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories