DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix "WindowServer [ERROR] - Unable to find display pipe for IOFB service: 18715" on MacOS

DisplayLink do not work properly with 4K screens @ MacOS 10.14. It looks laggy, jamming, like FPS drop.
    I've described issue in details here: https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66349

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re aware of this error message and have investigated if there is any underlying problem or performance impact. We don’t believe that there any actual problem here, and this message is not responsible for performance issues reported in this thread.

However we can’t find a way to easily suppress the message. We know this is annoying and would like to stop it appearing so we’re continuing to look at ways to stop it.

2. Mojave 10.14 still doesn't work even with driver

Mojave 10.14 cannot find monitor AT ALL - no signs of life, period

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conflicts using Nvidia Prime, Displaylink and Ubuntu

I would like to describe conflicts using Nvidia Prime, Displaylink and Ubuntu in my experience.

My environment: Ubuntu 18.10, Nvidia GTX 1070 (nvidia-driver-415), Displaylink 5.1, Asus MB168B+ (USB monitor), laptop Gigabyte Aero15x.

If I try to login with nvidia profile activated and anything connected in USB ports (even only a mouse), I will face a login loop. It only will stop after disconnecting all USB devices, restarting the system and then I'll be able to login into my Ubuntu. Once logged in, I can connect my USB devices and use everything included my second monitor.

If I try to login…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix glitching mouse pointer in Ubuntu/Arch/Debian

Hi,
    I've tried the DisplayLink driver using the recommended os (Ubuntu 16.04). After connecting a secondary display (1080p) using USB-C, I had a trail of blinking mouse pointers following the real one and all the animations started glitching.

When moving the mouse over any Window except the Desktop, there would be a glitching square (about double the edge length of the mouse pointer sprite) containing the desktop background around the mouse pointer.

I've also tried Arch Linux (using the AUR package) and Debian 9 (Using the Ubuntu package) and they show the exact same behavior.
    On the three operating systems,…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Samsung Dex compatability

Any chance that Displaylink could extend the Samsung Dex display?

It would be perfect, if that would work!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Ubuntu 18.10

I am currently installing the display link driver for Ubuntu 18.10, following https://github.com/AdnanHodzic/displaylink-debian. I did not try the 4.4.24 install script for 18.04 with 18.10, assuming that it might fail for 18.10, and seeing success reports in https://support.displaylink.com/forums/287786-displaylink-feature-suggestions/suggestions/35648710-support-ubuntu-18-04, although some people see screen outages.
    An officially supported 18.10 driver would be great.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable HDCP protected content playback on macOS (iTunes)

Hi,

I had to downgrade to Sierra 10.12.6 because of the multi-monitor incompatibility of Displaylink 10.13.4. I need my multi monitor setup. But the truth is that Displaylink 4.1, which is compatible with Sierra 10.12.6, deactivate iTunes movies. Here is the message:

The selected display won't play on one of your connected displays

This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Try moving the iTunes window to a different display. Make sure the entire window is on the supported display.

When I remove Displaylink from OSX 10.1206, iTunes movie start to plays back.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. GUI for status of the ports of the Dock

A GUI that shows available ports (Video,Sound,USB) and their status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix your broken driver for macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)!

Having recently upgraded to High Sierra on a Mac that can't use Mojave I am now stuck with a completely useless Asus MB16AC that was supposedly enabled for use on Mac by your driver.
    Your supposed "fix" of extending via Airplay doesn't work. In Preferences, even when DisplayLinkUserAgent.app is enabled under Accessibility in the Security tab, when you got to the Displays Preferences the Airplay Display setting cannot be set to DisplayLink ("Could not connect to DisplayLink") and -- crucially -- the Arrangement tab of the Displays dialog does not appear! That leaves the MB16 stuck in mirroring mode, which…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mojave 10.4.4 + Drivers 5.1.1 can't drive 2nd display

After updating to the latest 5.1.1 drivers, my 2nd monitor works properly to start. After rI disconnect, allow my laptop to go to sleep and then return, the 2nd monitor no longer functions :(

The only work around at this time is to reboot which will allow me to use the 2nd display

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix DisplayLink 5.1.1 drivers for Mac.

5.1.1 causes Zoom.us video conferencing and CamTwist to crash when installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I cant download drivers from your site

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>SignatureDoesNotMatch</Code>
    <Message>
    The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.
    </Message>
    <AWSAccessKeyId>AKIAJHGQWPVXWHEDJUEA</AWSAccessKeyId>
    <StringToSign>
    GET application/x-www-form-urlencoded 1550702001 /assets.displaylink.com/live/downloads/software/f1300_DisplayLink%20USB%20Graphics%20Software%20for%20Windows%209.0%20M1.exe
    </StringToSign>
    <SignatureProvided>NX0WcSTbHiTZJT1TZ17IRrrAulA=</SignatureProvided>
    <StringToSignBytes>
    47 45 54 0a 0a 61 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 69 6f 6e 2f 78 2d 77 77 77 2d 66 6f 72 6d 2d 75 72 6c 65 6e 63 6f 64 65 64 0a 31 35 35 30 37 30 32 30 30 31…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hotkeys for screen rotation and other display functions

Enable hotkeys for screen rotation (and other display functions). Other drivers use ctrl-alt-left and ctrl-alt-up (etc) to rotate the current screen, this should be available for DisplayLink as well. Phones and tablets have set the bar with seamless screen rotation, DisplayLink should support as near to this experience as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Engage the Linux Foundation to develop your drivers.

The Linux Foundation is the place to get things into the kernel. They will help you integrate your hardware into the mainline kernel without compromising any internal IP you may be worried about. Its really the only way to get a driver working for any OS. Work with upstream not against it.

This translates to Windows and OS X as well. I was frustrated getting my device working with Windows. Complete pain and not plug and play by any means. OS X Mojave doesn't work at all and Linux shows the same behaviour. Flickering on and off rapidly an when…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add support for Ubuntu Touch

Ubuntu Touch originally developed by canonical is still being developed by ubports.
    I believe it could benefit from display link technology for external display support
    it is currently based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and is pretty well supported
    it also uses an android container to interface with userspace drivers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Post issues about Driver 5.1 for Apple OS Mojave

My third monitor uses a USB 3.0 graphics adapter powered by DisplayLink. After downloading version 5.1 update, I no longer can enable Airplay feature and my third monitor requires unplugging (after awakening from sleep mode) and replugging into my Mac Mini to get a signal to the monitor. Suggestions??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please give users compatibility feedback on specific MacOS versions, e.g. 10.14.1. only

Rather rather mixing up posts with various OS and driver versions please give users compatibility feedback on specific MacOS versions, e.g. 10.14.1.

Currently, you make a difficult situation much harder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop CPU from hitting over 100% on macbook pros?

Stop CPU from hitting over 100% on macbook pros?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base