DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

1. We need to be able to select the rendering GPU.

I have 3 GPUs in my computer and the DisplayLink driver always defaults to GPU 0 in the system. I only want GPU 0 to drive a single monitor, and use my secondary GPUs for rendering non-intensive content, which is what I use the USB monitor for.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow 4k retina resolution scaled as 2560 x 1440p on an external 4k display, with MacOS

Allow 4k retina resolution scaled as 2560 x 1440p on an external 4k display, with MacOS

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Resolve compatibility issue with DisplayLink Manager App and Duet Display (macOS, iOS)

Problem: DisplayLink Manager App 1.0.0 makes Duet Display 2.3.1.6 show black screen.

Workaround: revert to DisplayLink Driver 5.2.4

System: iMac (macOS 10.15.5 Catalina), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.7)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Display Controls, Brightness/Contrast for Windows 8.1 and above.

Add these controls to the current displaylink taskbar application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a suggestion for your website, on google search issue.

Hello web admins. You must add cookie notification script on website bottom not header. Now, you are using cookie script in header then google can't be indexed your site content. Sorry for my english.

Page: displaylink.com/downloads

Now it looking like this on google search with this words:DISPLAYLINK CORE SOFTWARE

Result:
    All Downloads - DisplayLinkwww.displaylink.com › downloads
    We use cookies to help us to know a little bit about you and how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience. They are stored locally on your ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the High CPU usage (20-40%) issue! Mint Linux 19.3 Kernel 5.4 & Cinnamon UI. Fan kicks in every 2 minutes-DisplayLink is top process

Fix the High CPU usage (20-40%) issue! Mint Linux 19.3 Kernel 5.4 & Cinnamon UI. Fan kicks in every 2 minutes-DisplayLink is top process using between 20 and 50% of CPU every 2 minutes. I have only one 32" monitor connected at 2560x1440 resolution and 60 Hz and using Chrome to browse the web (Phillips 328E)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clamshell mode with MacOS Catalina

Unable to use Clamshell mode (laptop lid closed) with MacOS Catalina. I always get the third display, despite my laptop being closed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DisplayLink Add Debian support and Support f.lux and Night Light on

DisplayLink Add Debian support and Support f.lux and redshift on Linux Debian and distro based on Debian

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ubuntu package with Linux Kernel 5.7 support for new Ryzen Renoir 4000 series laptops

Ubuntu package with Linux Kernel 5.7 support for new Ryzen Renoir 4000 series laptops.

I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 and purchased a Qgeem USB to HDMI adapter to add a second external monitor. The Ubuntu 20.04 displaylink package works but is quite buggy. The video has more lag than on other hardware and the video input can act erratic at times.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Temporary disable displaylink adapter even with the cable still plugged in.

Some docking station support both HDMI alt mode and displaylink. I would like to be able to turn off displaylink temporary and switch to HDMI alt mode while leaving the cable plugged.

The reason behind this is that if I leave displaylink on, gaming on integrated graphic card is mostly impossible but I get 4k60 while on the desktop. But then if I turn if off gaming is better (while not great) but then I can only do 4k30 on the desktop.

Being able to switch off displaylink adapter temporarily would allow us to get the most of our system…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add: Xenarc Model # 708TSU to your list of not supported devices

my original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/graakc/cannotgetdisplaylinkwitha708tsumonitorto/

But after reading your support page (which, duh, I should have done in the first place) I understand why my device is not working. Has a fricking storage device in it with the drivers.

Please add: Xenarc Model # 708TSU to your list of not supported devices

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add wireless charging to docking stations

Would be nice if docking stations like "HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2" would include a wireless charging pad. So that you can charge your phone/etc on top of the docking station.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix DisplayLinkManager eating my CPU when nothing is moving on any DisplayLink screens

The DisplayLinkManager process on Linux uses a significant amount of CPU (more than 100% of one core when there are screen repaints happening on other displays (not driven by DisplayLink). Things as simple as having an animated reaction icon visible in Slack can cause this with my dual-4k setup (one 4k monitor driven by DisplayLink, the other driven by the internal GPU).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide sha256 hashes to verify download integrity

It'd be great to be able to check integrity of the downloaded displaylink drivers before invoking the .run file. Thx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support Nightshift for MacOS!!

please support night shift for MacOS!!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. DisplayLink v5.2.1 , macOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 13,3. Memory leak in WindowServer

I am using 1 DisplayLink screen, 3 other external screens (2 HDMI, 1 mini DisplayPort) and the internal laptop screen. I have noticed that over time, the WindowsServer process's memory use slowly creeps up, unless the user logs out and logs in again (restarting the window server) Sleeping the Mac does not prevent this. Eventually, the Mac reports that it is "Out of Application memory" and the computer must be rebooted. This only seems to happen if I use the DisplayLink screen.
    This is a relatively recent change. I've been using DisplayLink for many OS X/macOS releases and think that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Screen rotation option is not available on Mac OS X" don't work for extended displays/monitors. Please write workaround for this.

"Screen rotation option is not available on Mac OS X" don't work for extended displays/monitors. Please write workaround for this.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Beta macOS App: Clamshell / Lid Closed Mode

Beta Mac OS App driver does not allow me to operate on external monitors with the laptop closed. I had to uninstall the driver and reinstall the one from November to be able to work in clamshell mode. This is glitchy in the old driver, often freezing my computer. I was hoping to see this stabilize so I wouldn't have to restart so often (almost every time I disconnect my laptop from the docking station).

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MacOS Display Arrangement does not save.

With the latest release of Display Link, the Display Arrangement for a MacBook Air with 2 external monitors reverts back to default every time the machine is put to sleep or restarted.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Target Display Mode (i.e. using an iMAC as a monitor)

An iMAC can be used as an external monitor using Target Display Mode. Is it possible to get a DisplayLink dock to enable TDM when iMAC is plugged to the dock (i.e. using a Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable)?

For example, I have a MAC Book Pro 13inch (2016) and an iMAC 27inch (2012). I use iMac as an external monitor using TDM with MacBook Pro (using a Thunderbolt 2 to USB-C cable) as described on https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh30822/mac

I also have a Dell DA300 displaylink dock. Using Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable to connect iMAC to dock and USB-C from dock…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories