DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

1. Provide sha256 hashes to verify download integrity

It'd be great to be able to check integrity of the downloaded displaylink drivers before invoking the .run file. Thx

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add wireless charging to docking stations

Would be nice if docking stations like "HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2" would include a wireless charging pad. So that you can charge your phone/etc on top of the docking station.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MacMini M1 with 11.2.2 (Bigsur) Displaylink not working

Working with a Mac Mini M1 with Bigsur installed (11.2.2) with Displaylink 1.3 without success.
    The system works well with 2 monitors. I've tried several combinations: Using one hub and even using the USB-C port from a Blackmagic Ultrastudio mini. All connections from the Hub work (if only two monitors connected). Experimented with many different monitors and adapters USB-C -> VGA / USB-C -> HDMI / USB-C -> DVI. The displaylink is approved in the Privacy Settings (recording and acessibility).
    Tried also installing displaylink on a macbook intel and it seems that it does not work also. Although macbook intel…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. to integrate a PAUSE function into your firmware, that freezes the displayed content anc can eb activated/de-activated by keyboard.

Freeze functions on classical projectors were very popular, in particular for people facilitating workshops or holding seminars. With the introduction of LCD screens this feature disappeared. Display link could easily re-introduce this. Ideally, hitting a (user-definable) key combination would turn PAUSE on and off. In addition the status (frozen / unfrozen) should be displayed with the application icon.

Please go ahead :-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Flipper menu

Add fliper landscape and potrate like windows,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quick Fix - Monitor Detected but Disabled

Pin a topic on extending the desktop when there is a monitor detected but disabled. I cant believe (my fault) I spent so much time with this issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ultrawide resolutions on Android

HI! I really love this app, truly works like a charm. I have a galaxy S8 and an ultrawide monitor. Unfortunately the app only transmints in 16:9 so there are black edges all around the image, even up and down. It would be really nice to fix it, but still, this is a great app. Hope it gets in soon. Good luck!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better Chrome OS tools and support

Improve support and configuration tools for Chrome OS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clone graphic card's monitor to USB DL monitor

Hello,
    I am using three monitor displays, connected to one graphic card. It works fine. But additionally I plan to connect the fourth USB monitor, using DisplayLink utility. I need to obtain the clone of one of these three monitors to this USB one (DL). Unfortunately, the Actual Multiple Monitors soft does not allow to do it. What I can do?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hotkeys for screen rotation and other display functions

Enable hotkeys for screen rotation (and other display functions). Other drivers use ctrl-alt-left and ctrl-alt-up (etc) to rotate the current screen, this should be available for DisplayLink as well. Phones and tablets have set the bar with seamless screen rotation, DisplayLink should support as near to this experience as possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an App or Instructions for manually starting or restarting displaylink (Mac)

The DisplayLink option in the top bar of my Mac sometimes just doesn't show up. The only known option seems to be restarting but this doesn't work most of the time. It would be enormously helpful to know how to directly troubleshoot this service at a technical level or to simply have an 'App' that I could search for and restart.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display Link ,Linux framebuffer driver

Find udlfb.c file in the linux kernel, Do this driver supprt display link USB to VGA ?Where I can cat linux framebuffer driver? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

This article needs essential command line switches for sccm\scripts !! ie >>

ie. ...exe -silent -noreboot

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Potential work around for the Catalina Mac OS update

I'm unsure if someone has already suggested this, but with the latest update Mac has rolled out (for Catalina 10.15), my DisplayLink stopped working with dual screen.

I have updated the driver to the most recent release, and all that would display would be one of the two screens. DisplayLink lists a possible solution involving entering recovery mode and inputting commands, however, I am impatient and lazy and did not do that.

But, I did get my dual display working again. For me, toggling my displays to mirror activated my dual screens, and toggling off mirroring has left my dual…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. osx 10.9.5 browsers crash on 2.5 and 2.6

2013 retina mac on 10.9.5 2.3 and 2.4 work until reboot then all external monitors go black forcing hard power down to recover from. 2.5 and 2.6 crash EVERY browser if it has a video on the page. this is really annoying and my hands are tied hopefully someone has an idea as to why

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for Target Display Mode (i.e. using an iMAC as a monitor)

An iMAC can be used as an external monitor using Target Display Mode. Is it possible to get a DisplayLink dock to enable TDM when iMAC is plugged to the dock (i.e. using a Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable)?

For example, I have a MAC Book Pro 13inch (2016) and an iMAC 27inch (2012). I use iMac as an external monitor using TDM with MacBook Pro (using a Thunderbolt 2 to USB-C cable) as described on https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh30822/mac

I also have a Dell DA300 displaylink dock. Using Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable to connect iMAC to dock and USB-C from dock…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DisplayLink v5.2.1 , macOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 13,3. Memory leak in WindowServer

I am using 1 DisplayLink screen, 3 other external screens (2 HDMI, 1 mini DisplayPort) and the internal laptop screen. I have noticed that over time, the WindowsServer process's memory use slowly creeps up, unless the user logs out and logs in again (restarting the window server) Sleeping the Mac does not prevent this. Eventually, the Mac reports that it is "Out of Application memory" and the computer must be rebooted. This only seems to happen if I use the DisplayLink screen.
    This is a relatively recent change. I've been using DisplayLink for many OS X/macOS releases and think that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base