Skip to content

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

176 results found

1. support close lid

It would be great if you can implement support for the close lid, as this is available for the legacy driver, I'm not able to work on my Mac when the lid is closed and have to stick with old software to had that feature. On Display link Manager when you put a lid to close mode mac goes to sleep instead of turn off the internal monitor.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ICC support on BigSur and Intel macs

As of now there's a littl quirk in the way DL manages screens and icc profiles. On my M1 11.6 macOS my screens are detected in ColorSync. Thus I can use ICC profiles for calibration. On my work intel 11.6 macOS the screens are not detected. This is weird considering that DisplayLink caters to the "pro" community. As of now I have o idead what profile my INTEL is using thus making my color critical work laptop slightly useless.

But, why is the M1 seeing them? I would expect that this would be a problem on M1s not INTEL.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update DisplayLink Driver for macOS to launch automatically and hidden

Hello,

We are finding that the autostart script is not bulletproof. Having this scripted along with our installation in JAMF is successful however if the automatic startup checkbox is accidentally unchecked by the user it will no longer be enabled for automatic startup. The humanscale dock is unusable unless the DisplayLink Manager is launched.

https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1964953-enabling-disabling-displaylink-manager-autostart-v

Thank you,
    ~ Joe

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Displaylink Manager 1.6.1 still doesn't support screen rotation

Mine is a 2017 15 inch macbook pro, and os is monterey 12.3.1. I have 2 external monitors lg 27ul500 and hp e243i. I cannot find rotation options in the setting page for both monitors.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide DisplayLink driver for Yocto. I can live with compiled lib

Having DisplayLink over USB for embedded ARM would simplify headless operation

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CPU priority of Displaylink's driver process should be set Higher

Whatever [DisplayLinkManager.exe] or [WUDFHost.exe], when the driver starts it should be set the priority at least to [Above normal], it is really helpful for fixing the laggy problem. Now I only can do it maunally.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Driver update Automatically even when a dock is not connected.

I manage a large Windows 10 client environment. We like to keep drivers up to date. When i connect to a displaylink (DL) dock i want the latest driver already there. This is not how it works today in my understanding.
    Today when a pc makes connection to a DL dock the driver is enabled and if windows update happens to come along and check for updates it will update your DL Driver. assuming there a newer driver available and driver updates is enabled.

What if i didn't need to wait for windows update. Why can't have a scheduled task…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integrate memory of arrangement of separate spaces for different displays

At the moment after unplugging external displays then reconnecting them the locations of different multiple spaces on the different displays are mix up and jumbled. In other words it seems display link does not remember which applications and which spaces were assigned to which display once the monitors are disconnected. Thereby needing to rearrange and reorganize all spaces everytime you disconnect from you external displays.

Macbook M1 running latest Ventura

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support for 2304x1296 resolution (macOS)

I’m using an OWC Dual 4K HDMI adapter on macOS Sonoma and while it works rather well driving my 4K displays, what I’m missing on the displaylink-connected display is support for 2304x1296 resolution (scaled) - it’s otherwise available when the display is connected directly.

It’s a very nice middle ground between the size of UI elements and sharpness, and the adapter only provides scaled resolutions of 2560x1440 (a bit smallish and fuzzy) and 2048x1152 (sharper, but too big still). Thank you in advance for accommodating this request, which I hope is not too complex to implement, at least among experimental…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Using AirPlay, for macOS 10.12.+ Siera Just like is being done on High Siera and Mojave

I am a video deejay using a Macbook that has a failed GPU so i currently rely on one of your devices to connect to an external display.I upgraded to Mac OS High sierra and realized that my display link driver works differently(blue airplay icon) and i have much better performance now(faster frame rates with mix-emergency & Serato ,transparency on the dock And task bar),thank you for that .But The problem is Mac Os High Sierra is Just too Unstable right now for example due to the failed GPU i have completely disabled it but because of that my laptop…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More user friendly Windows UI

General overhaul of DisplayLink UI and installation manual. If I were complete beginner, I probably would have no chance to get it running properly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there such a drive board design that can drive two 4K panels, and is it directly driven by type-C?

Is there such a drive board design that can drive two 4K panels, and is it directly driven by type-C?
    In this way, DIYer can design its own portable display, which is double screen.
    I suggest we design such a driver board to realize the portable display that slidenjoy designed in 2015.
    That design hasn't come true. I've been waiting for so many years.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for Target Display Mode (i.e. using an iMAC as a monitor)

An iMAC can be used as an external monitor using Target Display Mode. Is it possible to get a DisplayLink dock to enable TDM when iMAC is plugged to the dock (i.e. using a Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable)?

For example, I have a MAC Book Pro 13inch (2016) and an iMAC 27inch (2012). I use iMac as an external monitor using TDM with MacBook Pro (using a Thunderbolt 2 to USB-C cable) as described on https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh30822/mac

I also have a Dell DA300 displaylink dock. Using Tunderbolt 2 to HDMI cable to connect iMAC to dock and USB-C from dock…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. API or Atom Feed of Downloads

It would be highly beneficial to have access to an atom feed or API endpoint to query and determine if there are updates available for driver packages.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable visual accessibility settings for partially sighted users

Both Windows & macOS have tools for applying colour filters to a screen to enable partially sighted users better access to these devices.

These settings are enforced on monitors directly connected to theses devices and were previously supported on prior versions of DisplayLink when using a Mac but are not working currently.

Is there a plan to leverage the built-in OS tools to enable this in the future?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display "Flip"

Ich benutze den dritten Zusatzmonitor für einen Teleprompter, damit ich meinen Teilnehmern direkt "in die Augen schauen kann". Dazu wird der Bildschirm auf einem halbdurchlässigen Spiegel, der vor der Kamera sitzt, gespiegelt.

Problem: Der Bildschirminhalt ist dann gespiegelt. Die einstellbare Drehung um 90/180/270 nützt hier leider nichts.

Man nennt dies wohl "Display Flip" - es gibt auch spezielle Grafikkarten die dies ermöglichen, aber für Mac habe ich bisher keine Lösung gefunden.

Meine aktuelle Lösung sieht so aus, dass ich einen zusätzlichen "echten Spiegel" dazwischen habe, das Bild also zwei mal gespiegelt wird. Das ist aber sehr Platzraubend und nimmt dem…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the ability to mix 3.5mm headphone jack with 3x 3.5mm surround audio jack via software

My Toshiba Dynabook uses a DisplayLink-chipset for things like 1x 3.5mm headphone audio output (front) and 3x 3.5mm surround sound audio output (rear; 5.1). When setting Windows to 5.1 audio, the headphone-output only plays the stereo front audio. There should be an option inside the driver-software-interface to switch between different modes: a) headphones/surround are different audio devices, b) headphone should play all 5.1 sounds (the 3x rear audio jacks), c) the current way (just in case somebody wants it that way). Why? I see the headphone output as a way to seamlessly switch between loudspeakers and well quieter headphones. That's…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support of proprietary NVIDIA driver

On my Ubuntu 20.04, Thinkbook 16p 2Gen, ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C+USB-A Dock combination, DisplayLink driver 5.5.Beta works at least for a hdmi 2560x1440 display together with the proprietary NVIDIA driver version 510.47.03.
    Setting the displays via the kde control panel was not so easy and robust ... with "nvidia-settings" impossible.

It's okay for me now. So, many thanks for the driver. :-)

Displaylink driver 5.4.1 did not work at all.

Is it a coincidence or luck that 5.5.Beta works with the proprietary NVIDIA driver?

Is an update to DisplayLink Release: 5.5, Mar 9, 2022 a risk?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a working support contact address

Although I got a response to my question from Kaisa/Kate K requesting more details, the sender address is broken when I try to respond - I just get an error from MS 365 and hence can not reach her with the details!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For batter performance, I suggest that Enable Recognized resolution 5120 X 2880 when choose the 2560x1440 Hidpi Resolution. Currently,

For batter performance, I suggest that

Enable Recognized resolution 5120 X 2880 when choose the 2560x1440 Hidpi Resolution.

Currently, when Using HIDPI Mode , It recognized 6016X3384 resolution on Mac info, regardless of when choose 3008x1692 or 2560x1440(looks like)

It make Low Performance on overall Mac.

Thanks for reading. :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here