Skip to content

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

41 results found

1. DisplayLink doesnt work at all with Ventura 13.4.1. Macbook PRO M2 - Neither on displayport nor hdmi... no signal to screen.

when I plug USBC into macbook pro M2 ventura 13.4.1. hub Dell D6000 nothing is happen.

Screen Recording is Enabled. Used external devices is also enabled...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For individual assistance requests, please use the FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301. The FAQ details the information our agent will need to promptly assist you.

This idea board for new features does not allow individual contacts. Note that some of the comments in this idea are not using DisplayLink products. DisplayLink technology work with software in the computer and DisplayLink chip in the docking station.

2. Support Ubuntu 19.10

Ubuntu 19.04 reached end of life on 23 January 2020, however, upgrading beyond 19.04 breaks DisplayLink functionality.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make a disclaimer for Video Editors. Thanks!!

usb 3.0 to hdmi on Mac OS 10.14 makes the external monitor image considerably darker. It is unusable for editing as the image is drastically compromised and does not represent the true output.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement OS-X driver as a real screen, rather than a barely-configurable AirPlay display.

I have a dual-screen DisplayLink dock. When I plug it in, I have to explicitly enable it as an AirPlay target, and set "it"* to be used as a separate display.

Even when I do this, one of the displays refuses to be not-a-mirror, and I have to use SwitchResX to coerce my built-in retina display to use my external screen's native resolution.

Seriously, just get a dual-screen dock and a MacBook Pro and see what I mean. It's terrible.

• "it" makes little sense, as there are two screens attached - but there's still just one AirPlay target
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AirPlay API doesn’t enable rotation. There isn’t more we are able to achieve on 10.13 last builds without OS changes.
    The more adequate API was re-featured in 10.14 Mojave and we have been able to avoid AirPlay API and come back to a better feature set, including rotation. We are also improving on that feature set.

5. Longer Cables between the 2 USBs

Offer a longer cable option for dual usb plugs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink does not design, manufacture or sell any end product today. We are a semiconductor company providing one chip in that system.
    Looking at tickets and “2 USBs” this request is probably referring to the AOC USB monitor and its split cable. We will feed this back to them, but this isn’t something DisplayLink will be able to implement.

6. Android: support for Lenovo and Anker USB-C hubs

Android support for Lenovo and Anker USB-C hubs, such as the Lenovo C107 and Anker A8342.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Select the graphic card for dock station.

We can select which graphic card will be use by Dock Station.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink will not be able to implement this as this is an operating system feature. But DisplayLink is working to get the operating system writers to select the best GPU available for the task instead of selecting the first one.

8. Support Ubuntu 17.04

Ubuntu 17.04 is not supported. I'm using a Dell D6000 docking station.
    Network and USBs work, but headphones, monitors don't.

Also the current release cannot be installed without disabling Secure Boot.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Wim responded

Ubuntu 17.04 is now end of life, (since Jan 2018) so we do not plan any further changes for this version of Ubuntu.

9. Sales Support improvements

Get better customer service and sales support at Display Link. Dealing with voice mails and forms is a waste if time. Do any humans work for this company!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink does NOT design, manufacture, distribute or sell any end product. DisplayLink is a semiconductor company. We are delighted to provide email support as debugging graphics issues are impossible by phone as we need data for a diagnosis.

The assistance for installation, and sales support, is coming from the product manufacturer and the seller as they know best the product they decided to build.

10. Hello, Iam using an HP Travel Dock USB-C with my Lenovo Yoga 720. Works fine but I miss a SD-cardreader as wel as ID-card reader.

Hello, Iam using an HP Travel Dock USB-C with my Lenovo Yoga 720. Works fine but I miss a SD-cardreader as wel as ID-card reader. I can attach one through the USB port but it would be great if it was included in the dock

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink is a semiconductor company. We do not design, manufacture or sell any end product and therefore cannot add features to the end product. We suggest you communicate this to your preferred computer peripheral manufacturer so they can include this in their next generation products.

11. command to switch display model

command to switch display model,like to switch close model, switch to expand model,switch to mirror model

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible using the standard Windows APIs. It is forbidden for a graphics driver to change layout and it will make it fail qualification. When a driver is not qualified, it is not Microsoft signed and cannot be on Windows Update.

12. Ethernet Android OTG

I know the on board Nic doesn't work with Android. I will tell you however that if you use an OTG Android Nic and plug it into the USB port it works fine. I wonder if that will help with allowing the on board to work. Is it that it's not an OTG supported Nic. If so how could we change that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make an option to use the desktop monitor as an extension (not just mirror), therefore it can give us the best match resolution display.

It would be better if the app have an option to use the desktop monitor as an extension monitor, therefore the resolution display setting on the android phone can be different with the resolution display setting on the desktop monitor (not just as a mirror only).

Thanks & Best Regards
    Tjetjep

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would love to do it, but it is not possible to do this from an app. This would need Android OS changes. We’ve pushed for this but the user interest has not been there for Google to adopt this feature into Android.

14. IOS or Android App which turns a tablet into an USB Monitor

I checked the current IOS apps for the IPAD and wondered, that all the apps need a driver to be installed in PC/MAC.

Is there any app available, which turns an IOS/Android tablet into an USB monitor - like ASUS MB168*, or HP S140U ?

Furthermore it would be great if the touch of the tablet would work as a touch mouse for PC/MAC,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are applications available doing this through wireless and this doesn’t need our technology. For it to work through USB, this would need our chip in the device, so an app is not enough.
    Touch is also possible today through other applications or through setups like Windows Continuum. DisplayLink doesn’t have any touch technology, but some manufacturers include touch along with DisplayLink technology in their products.

15. Previous versions of DisplayLink Software

Windows version 8.1 M0 is missing from the Windows Driver Downloads Page under Previous Versions of DisplayLink Software.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need full OpenGL-Support

I need full OpenGL-Support,

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for Dell XPS in Ubuntu 16.10

It seems to me that many people are reporting instability issues for Ubuntu 16.10 using the latest 1.2.65 driver. Severe instabilities occur for certain types of hardware that was supported in Ubuntu 16.04.

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9343) and DL-3100. The screen keeps disappearing and re-appearing. It happens really randomly and sometimes many times per minute, other times it might be once per 20 minute. The displays go to black and everything crashes. It crashes often, but not always. This makes the applications stuck to that display crash as well. It is very poor performance (lag/hanging/high CPU usage)…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ubuntu 16.10 is now end of life, (since July 2017) so we do not plan any further changes for this version of Ubuntu.

18. LG L206WU USB monitors working with Windows 10 Anniversary

Update DisplayLink Drivers to support LG L206WU USB monitors with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better installation instrctions

Better installation instructions.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So are you going to FIX the video versus mass storage device USB driver issue between Windows 10 Anniversary and HP Docking HSTNN S01X ?

So are you going to FIX the video versus mass storage device USB driver issue between Windows 10 Anniversary and HP Docking HSTNN S01X , or are we just out of luck?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This cannot be fixed by DisplayLink as we now need to use the Microsoft USB driver. The Microsoft USB driver cannot support switching USB configurations, which is required to support these docks. This means there are no plans to fix this issue.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base