I suggest you ...

Implement OS-X driver as a real screen, rather than a barely-configurable AirPlay display.

I have a dual-screen DisplayLink dock. When I plug it in, I have to explicitly enable it as an AirPlay target, and set "it"* to be used as a separate display.

Even when I do this, one of the displays refuses to be not-a-mirror, and I have to use SwitchResX to coerce my built-in retina display to use my external screen's native resolution.

Seriously, just get a dual-screen dock and a MacBook Pro and see what I mean. It's terrible.

* "it" makes little sense, as there are _two_ screens attached - but there's still just one AirPlay target

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bryan Elliott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify: I can rotate the "Built-in Retina display", but the mirrored screen does not get rotated. The separated screen does not have a rotation option, even when you do the "hold cmd+option" trick, nor does it have rotation options in SwitchResX.

• Bryan Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional information: it's impossible to rotate my screens this way, which is irritating, since I was hoping to inverse-mount my screens on my desk.

Feedback and Knowledge Base