I suggest you ...

Support f.lux and Night Light on Windows

Flux will reduce the amount of blue light emitted by the screen which aids going to bed. As it stands, there is no support for color calibration to DisplayLink connected monitors. DCC/CI commands are supported, but there are issues that make it not a viable solution (http://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor).

896 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew Maclean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new estimate of delivery for f.lux, night mode, and monitor calibration on Windows 10 Creators Update onwards is for release 9.0, planned before the end of 2018. When a 9.0 Alpha or Beta is issued, you will be able to try the feature on products based on the DL-3000, DL-5000 and DL-6000 series ASICs.

f.lux has enabled some support for DisplayLink indirect displays (Windows 10)
    You can download f.lux from https://justgetflux.com/

143 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needed. Using lenovo ultra dock and cant use night mode. f.lux solved it its third party software. we dont like to install endless tools

• _T_T_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will you please add this support for Windows 7 as well? Many of us still use an older OS due to corporate restrictions. Many, many people are asking for this feature! Please, please support Win 7!

Thanks in advance

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also want this feature.. had to disable night light because it was too distracting to have the DisplayLink monitor not support it while the others did.

• Kenton Hensley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a Pluggable USB-C 4K docking station that supports 3 monitors two of which are Displaylink driven. Confirming that the Displaylink ports do not show nightlight while the standard on does. This is very important to my health and hope that it can be fixed.

• Nathan Nahouraii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running dual Dell U2312HM monitors and when Night Light is enabled the monitor connected to the DVI port on the DisplayLink does not change color. I am running driver 8.4.3005.0.

I would also like to see this. Two displays are in night mode and my displaylink screen is well very bright.

• JPK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Night Light does not work with HP ZR24w connected via Displayport via Dell D6000 Dock.

• Matthew Sawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also voted for the MacOS feature to support Night Shift. Since DisplayLink supports both Windows and Mac, I would certainly hope that you would take into consideration supporting Night Shift on Mac if you also add f.lux support in Windows. Or if you prefer to support f.lux as a whole, support f.lux in Mac as well, in which case I could use f.lux instead of Night Shift.

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning, gentlemen,

I'd be very grateful if you'd tell me how to get the recorder up and running. I bought this item from you less than two months ago and still haven't been able to get it on tape.
        Please send me the Software (the computer application) and instructions for operating the camera. Oh, thank you.

Sincerely,
        Pablo (pjmarjalizo@gmail.com)

Great work guys! It works finally on my I-Tec usb adapter under Windows 10 control :)

• MrSeabass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't appear to work with my d3100 on Windows 10. Currently have f.lux on auto update and on 8.3M for displaylink drivers.

• Paul Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this support Windows 7? I've updated my USB Plugable driver to the latest 8.3.1728 version, and my f.lux version to 4.55, and it still isn't working.

Can you help?

Paul

• Calumks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the Windows 10 Creators Update, you can now lower the amount of blue light emitted from your PC with the new Night light feature.

Settings > System > Display

This feature doesn't work on my HP s140u monitor using DisplayLink 8.4.2250.0. I'm guessing it might not work on lots of other devices too.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base