I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,760 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

2001 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

are you going to fix this or what ? not being able to put your computer to sleep is bullshit, fix your hardware

• Aaron W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10.13.3 work intermittently, at best, for me. Is an update scheduled anytime soon? DisplayLink has been money for me over the last couple of years, I'd hate to have to find a new solution.

• Tony Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also noticed that the kernel extension has a team ID of "3YQY62QM3" - which is nine characters. Every other KEXT in my list has a 10 character team ID.

I'm wondering if this is an error in a programmer's cut and paste?

It may be causing a problem in 10.13.4 as the kernel signing system is tighter.

• EricT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The plist under /Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent.plist have a key value pair of Program: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent.bundle/Contents/MacOS/DisplayLinkUserAgent

But the DisplayLinkUserAgent.bundle is not there so its failing (throwing a status code of 78 if you do a launchctl list.) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with 10.13.4 or not but I figured it was at least a start.

• EricT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On 10.13.4, this breaks for me. I had intermittent issues with 10.13.3, but now it just won't work at all. (Also tried re-installing drivers.)

• James R Maxeiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not quite my experience, but close. It works for a while, then several times closes out and reopens, and then closes altogether. This seems more common when using Internet.

• Juan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there any solution to this? how can we fix this so we can use the dual monitors again??

• Tony Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This indeed correct. It breaks when you upgrade from 10.13.3 and an uninstall and install of the latest drivers makes no difference.

• Dirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major issue I've been fighting to fix. Please get a new driver to resolve the display issues in 10.12.4.

PLEASE

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing another but perhaps related issue which is a gigantic spike in CPU usage, when a MBA goes to sleep with the DisplayLink connected Display only showing a "Quartz" screen during screen saver mode.

• DataHog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update displaylink to support MAC Sierra. the view disapears and reappears while mousing around. It also bogs when waking up.

• Chance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my computer wakes from sleep, all of my screens will stay black until I unplug the dock. I also see a lot of graphic errors on the secondary display and the computer freezes a lot when I'm working on the secondary display. Not only is the dock causing my secondary display to not work, it is causing my computer to become unstable trying to correct it.

• Matt Buckleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my MacBook Pro goes into sleep or screen-saver mode, it often loses the connection to the external monitor when I resume working. All other peripherals work fine, it is only the video that is problematic.

1 2 96 97 98 100 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base