I suggest you ...

Black screens on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,747 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

We are pleased DisplayLink 5.0.1 driver for macOS enables multiple extended display support on the latest Apple macOS 10.14.2 with additional features (clamshell and clone). We continue our strong support for the Mac platform and are working on delivering future updates with further performance improvements.
Driver 5.0.1: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

If your DisplayLink enabled device does not seem to work on 10.14, this is most likely due to the OS blocking our kernel extension. Please ensure our kernel extension is enabled by the OS as described in our FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1188004

Should you still miss extended displays on latest macOS with latest DisplayLink driver, please create a support ticket so your particular case can be investigated. Here is how: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301

Due to changes in 10.13.4-10.13.6, it is not possible to enable DisplayLink extended displays, except one using Apple AirPlay. If your Mac is from 2011 running 10.13.4-10.13.6 and can’t update to macOS 10.14, you should remain with DisplayLink macOS driver v4.3.1 to enable one extended USB display using AirPlay, with additional displays cloned. An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724
Audio and Ethernet functionality, where supported, stays unaffected in all versions.

We thank you for your feedback on DisplayLink products that helps us further improve our product offering.

Kind regards,
Alban

2052 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shame Onmeonce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wim, I just purchased a DisplayLink Monitor and have now discovered that it won't work due to ongoing lack of support for High Sierra 10.13.4. Please post a guesstimate as to when this issue might be fixed so I can decide if I am going to return the product or not.

Thanks

• Jon Coley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone from DisplayLink monitoring this comment thread? Updates would be nice but what would be even nicer would be not having to stare at a black screen all day. I am with a lot of others in saying maybe you should mass email everyone to let them know not to install an update with macOS when you knew a month before that it would have issues, I could have waited another couple weeks to update macOS

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my voice to this issue. I appreciate you making this a priority.
    Thank you.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really... this should have been fixed during the beta and now its like 4 days after 10.13.4 has released and NOTHING. This dock was too expensive for it not to be working right now! Can we please get a fix!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to add to the voices of frustration as well. I just bought a new dock (and I direly need it, as I work all day on my monitors) and mirroring just doesn't cut it for me. Please fix fast and (more important) let us know about the progress

• D Dast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to the voices of frustration in the hope that it speeds up a quality resolution. Mirroring an existing display may help those using a large single display (but not likely most displaylink users who are using the device to add multi-screen support). For me, I've uninstalled and will consider getting the displaylink out of the drawer once a fix is released. Bad form for a hardware company not to test with OS releases.

My Mac is literally burning with the new driver. It's constantly in 147+% CPU the process of the displaylink. TRAGIC!!! Are you even testing anything????

This is impacting the productivity heavily. Please provide an update on when it will be fixed.

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news about this issue? I’ve lost hours on this at work, I can’t keep mirror displays!

Super annoying, OS beta program is something that you know? We are in a situation where 40 developers are frustrated like hell.

As you can see below, this is affecting a large number of people, and is an issue that was raised when 10.13.4 first went to BETA. Why wait for so long to acknowledge the issue, then give a poor statement that doesn't give any useful information to your users.

• Marcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand why you don't test your drivers in the Beta Realeas of 10.13.4 . I send you a e-mail an told you that there is a problem. But may be it's to much to invest in 99$ for a developer account and some Virtual machines to test your driver. Thats a major fail.

• Cavan Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wasted an hour trying to get this to work. Please can you give us an ETA of a fix.

Thank you.

• Paul McCarthy-Brain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May I just add to the feelings of frustration. I've lost an hour of work today on this and now have to drop down to a single screen. You should be embarrassed. Apple have an OS beta programme you know. You can test software before they push it out.

• Jorgen Andreasson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we please get some idea of timeframe to get this fixed. Waiting on Apple is not a solution. If you use their set-up with one external monitor, all is well. So they are not going to fix this.

Both my set-ups, office and home, are affected.
    Please give us feedback.

• AriesLian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so does my laptop! mirror is not a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it's nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all got the same problem, and i just bought it for 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• a user since IIci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not correct. This problem (go blank) exists from 10.13.3, and it keeps even with the 4.3 beta March 30 installed on 10.13.3 with my MacbookPro. I already reported to Apple two times. -- from a user since IIci

We need an ETA on a fix!!! keep the line.!!!! 我刚买的你就给我不能用,我要退货.I'll return it back!!!!Please give us a dead line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!花Q!!花QQQQQ!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base