Supported Operating Systems
Take me to the latest Windows drivers
- Windows XP SP3 32bit (the last release to support Windows XP is 7.6)
- Windows Vista (the last release to support Windows Vista is 7.7)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows 10
DisplayLink software will install on Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows Embedded 7 machines and other applications specific versions of Windows.
However DisplayLink does not test or support these platforms.
Mac OS X
Take me to the latest Mac OS X drivers
- OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the last release to support OS X 10.6 is v2.2)
- OS X 10.7 Lion (the last release to support OS X 10.7 is v2.2)
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan (from v2.5)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (from v2.6)
Available on the Google Play Store
For Android v5.0 (Lollipop) or Later
DisplayLink USB devices are supported on Chromebooks. For more information, see this article.
DisplayLink currently have a release to support Ubuntu. The Ubuntu release contains an open source component to enable it to be adapted to other Ubuntu variants or Linux distros.
Take me to the latest Ubuntu driver
See information on porting the Ubuntu driver to other distros.
Support for DL-1x5 and DL-1x0 devices is provided by the open source udl driver.
Unsupported Operating systems
The following Operating systems are not supported by DisplayLink
- Windows 2000 (SP1 to SP3) or earlier Windows OSes
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows XP 64 bit
- Windows RT (ARM) platforms
- Windows Embedded 7
- Windows POSReady 2009
- Windows 10 IoT Core
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Mac OS X 10.5 or earlier
- Android v4.4 or earlier