- The device is connected to a different USB port
- When you connect a different DisplayLink product to your PC for the first time
This issue is not specific to DisplayLink enabled devices; you will see this on any USB device such as USB Mice and Keyboards. However you can disable this behaviour for DisplayLink devices using the solution below.
To prevent Windows checking the Windows Update Web site for device drivers follow these steps:
- Right-click on the "My Computer" or "Computer" icon on your desktop
- Select "Advanced system settings"
- Select the "Hardware" tab and then select "Device Installation Settings
- From this dialog select "No, let me choose what to to"
- Select "Never install driver software from Windows Update
- Lastly select "Save Changes"