This article should be followed to provide the right information to DisplayLink to diagnosing the issue. Before submitting a bug to DisplayLink, please follow the steps below to provide the right information.
Note: The support tool produces a zip file containing information stored in plain text. The file and log text are not encrypted (apart from the DisplayLink software log files) to allow you to see what data has been collected.
- Download the Windows DisplayLink Support Tool
- Run the tool as administrator
- Click on the "Advanced Options"
- Check the "On" radio button under "Advanced Installer Logging"
- Check the "On" radio button under "Advanced DisplayLink Logging"
- Reboot the PC
- Try to install or uninstall DisplayLink software and wait for the failure
- Run the tool as administrator again and click on "Gather Support Information" to collect the installer log files into a zip file on your Windows desktop.
- Click the "Turn Off" button under "Advanced Installer Logging"
- Click the "Turn Off" button under "Advanced DisplayLink Logging" and close the tool.
The Windows DisplayLink Support Tool gathers the following system information:
- PC and OS Spec
- Video adapters installed
- DisplayLink service status
- USB devices currently connected to the PC
- Audio and Video Codecs installed
- DisplayLink Software installed
- DisplayLink devices connected to the PC and status
- Debug information contained in C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Debug and C:\ProgramData\DisplayLink\Debug
- DisplayLink registry settings stored under HKLM\Software\DisplayLink and HKCU\Software\DisplayLink
- Computer network information include configured IP addresses and Mac addresses of network interfaces.