I suggest you ...

Support Ubuntu 18.04

Hi I'm inquiring about when support for Ubuntu 18.04 and the Linux 4.15 kernel. I sent a paper letter to the Palo Alto office, but have not received a response.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason Costello shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adrian Gurney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@john111
        Unfortunately solution provided to disable "suspend on idle" did not resolve issue,
        #### Disable audio suspend
        * `sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`. Comment out the line indicated below.

```
        ### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
        # load-module module-suspend-on-idle
        ```

Have two ThinkVision HDMI monitors connected by Displaylink, neither is detected.

• Vahid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Display-Link does not detect connected monitors on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. I used displaylink-driver-4.4.24.run.

• john111 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Solution found on the forum for those who have problems with monitors that goes on sleep mode randomly :

#### Disable audio suspend
        * `sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`. Comment out the line indicated below.

```
        ### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
        # load-module module-suspend-on-idle
        ```
        https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...t=65476&page=2

• Adrian Gurney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Display-Link does not detect connected monitors -

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

Linux orion 4.15.0-39-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 23 15:48:01 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

displaylink-driver-4.4.24.run

• Vahid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DisplayLink 4.4 is not working on Ubuntu 18.04! I tried several times but without success.

• Petra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I have the same problem whit the backouts. It randomly turn out the monitors and I have to reconnect the device. (I use DELL - notebook, monitors and dockStation) Can you please help me?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Screens turn off randomly on ubuntu 18.10. Have to disconnect and reconnect the device. Very annoying.

• Yulia Guskova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed last version of driver. And my screens turn black from time to time. What should I do?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please tell us when do you plan to release a version for Ubuntu 18.10 ?

• plashgarlou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's not working for me. it fails when I run the .run file. at dlm service start up. Any suggestions?

• Jason Costello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you @Ablan, this is great news!
        @C.Rogers, I installed but wherever my cursor is it freezes that portion of the image so that when I scroll a little box approx 50x50p stays put until i move it. I also experience an issue where the screens will go black for no reason. Hoping an official ubuntu driver will fix these issues.

• Aleksandar Vinchev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did someone could explain why DisplayLink works out of the box with ChromeBit device (for example), but it is pain in the a*s in Ubuntu...

• Tobias Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My screens also turns black several times per days with DisplayLink on Ubuntu 18.04. Simultaneously also other connected devices lose connection with my laptop. The driver seems to crash something in the kernel.

• demiperimetre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same issues on Ubuntu 18.04 (after using the script https://github.com/AdnanHodzic/displaylink-debian). I plug my external monitor with a VGA chord, it works 5 minutes than the external monitor turns black and the displaylink does not appear when I write lsusb -d 17e9: in a shell. However, the usb plugs still works. Moreover, the ethernet connection does not work.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base