I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,724 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: September 12th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Users with access to Apple 10.14 Mojave previews released since 30th July confirmed full support was restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays.
    We are performing wide scale testing of v5.0 beta released today against current and upcoming previews to release v5.0 upon general availability of 10.14.
    Driver v5.0 Beta: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=191

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install the newly published v4.3 as the workaround to enable one extended USB display now supports additional resolutions.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3 released today is also applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and other macOS 10.13 versions.
    Driver v4.3: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=190

Some MacBook 2018 models on 10.14 previews may experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor. DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta 6 stays available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines until a fix is distributed.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1812 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DRIVER 10.13.6 ???!!! This is EXASPERATING!!

Product: Wavlink Universal USB-C Ultra 5K Docking Station 4K Dual Video Outputs

Bought: 8/12/17 for 170€

Happily using this product to connect two 4k monitors to a MacbookPro2017 with High Sierra 10.13.3, and one day at the end of May 2018, I update to version to 10.13.4 and SURPRISE! ...the screens do not work!

It is been 3 MONTHS...... 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!! By the way I am still waiting for the response of the mail sent to contact@wavlink.com on 6/06/18!!

TERRIBLE SERVICE!

• I spent the cash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody - stop being so lame. DisplayLink have a product that rides on Apple tech bu they advertise otherwise.
        I understand how hard it must be for DisplayLink, however, DisplayLink have a duty of care in the way they advertise their products. Did you know they ride on unsupported work-arounds?
        What I do agree with is that people should stop whining. When all this started, I went and spent $100 on two apple HDMI adapters. Monitors back instantly. How anyone that uses their machines and screens for more than home use can still be complaining after all this time, really need to look at their usage and IT setup, even if you are an IT guy with 100 Mac users. Bad choice dude.

• Nobody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People who keep whining at DisplayLink would do well to checkout this other USB2DVI vendor having the SAME problems with High Sierra 10.13.6. It's NOT DisplayLink's fault but Apple's.

https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/fl2000-mac-driver-beta-release

Specifically:

Supported OS versions:

High Sierra (10.13.4-10.13.6) Clone Mode Only
        High Sierra (10.13-10.13.3)
        Sierra (10.12)
        El Capitan (10.11) No Mirror Mode

• Israel Piacenti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Mojave here. Totally updated. Downloaded this Beta 5 driver and just doesn't work. Why? It worked just fine with 10.11 El Capitan fully updated (with the appropriate drive version, off course), but since with High Sierra latest update it won't work, then I installed the Mojave Beta but just won't work. Any help?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried displaylink driver on Mojave but the sharpness of extended displays is not so good compare to another mac with old version of OSX 10.13.3 ... : (

• Mattthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several errors that make me wonder how you can say full support is restored.

HDCP is not supported, I can't watch movies on Netflix or iTunes or Amazon.
        Java does not work correctly when using the device (Netbeans, Java configuraton, and more)
        Amazon kindle does not work

I've verified that this is due to the displaylink device and not the beta of Mojave by running with my monitors directly connected to usb-c and through the displaylink dock.

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I bought the dock as a way of easily switching between my work machine and home machine. It has not worked since I bought it because I was already upgraded prior to purchase and unable to revert.

When will the actual fix be made available?

I know I will likely never buy another displaylink product again because this is not the first time your devices have suddenly stopped working, and the solution was to go out and by a new device supported by newer software. Unfortunately, the dock I bought never mentioned it was displaylink. So I feel double stupid.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what infuriating about this company's response: they have never once even hinted at taking responsibility for the problem.

It's always:

"Corporate speak, blah blah, meaningless data about the specific versions that STILL do not work, blah blah"

Never:
        "We apologize for this inconvenience which, while we could not have foreseen it, we realize affects you, our valued customer".

Or:
        "Please provide proof of purchase and we will send you an INTERIM SOLUTION THAT ADDRESSES YOUR PROBLEM AND ALLOWS YOU TO USE YOUR MONITORS. If we cannot fix the problem within 12 months return the unit to us and we will refund your money"

Your behavior only builds ill will towards your company.

This is a good example for other executives on how not to deal with a problem.

• AITG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@PB I also work in a corporate environment and have been dealing with this for months now after my system was updated to 10.13.4. I was evaluating this dock to see if it would be a good fit for our other mac users and then this happened.

Currently, I'm using the airplay option with the dock for one monitor and a USBC to Displayport cable for the other. I'm about to change to just two USBC cables because the resolution on the airplay monitor is terrible.

They actually sent me an email some time ago telling me that due to this issue they were going to give me a discount on another one of their products. Why on earth would I want to give them MORE money for something that could just as easily stop working???

• AITG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@PB I also work in a corporate environment and have been dealing with this for months now after my system was updated to 10.13.4. I was evaluating this dock to see if it would be a good fit for our other mac users and then this happened.

Currently, I'm using the airplay option with the dock for one monitor and a USBC to Displayport cable for the other. I'm about to change to just two USBC cables because the resolution on the airplay monitor is crap.

They actually sent me an email some time ago telling me that due to this issue they were going to give me a discount on another one of their products. Why on earth would I want to give them MORE money for something that could just as easily stop working???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So things are getting more weird.. Previous comment was about using BETA 5 drivers on Mojave BETA.
        Realized there is a BETA 6 driver version.

1) Uninstalled BETA 5 drivers, reboot, install BETA 6 drivers

-> Display workds again in AirPlay mode (1080p or some other irrelevant resolutions)

2) Tried to uninstall & install several times with BETA 6 drivers

-> Nothing changed

3) Get annoyed and uninstalled BETA 6 drivers, reboot, install BETA 5 drivers

-> Display now works again in "usual" mode just like directly after the installation of Mojave BETA.

So for the time being (I hope I won't get forced to reboot soon), I'll stay with BETA 5 drivers for my display running as a usual display in correct/native resolution (2560x1440)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed Mojave BETA yesterday, my display (via USB to DP) came back to life.
        Rebooted today, display stays black, although it detects a signal... de- & installed drivers, rebooted twice, display stays in that black-but-signal mode.

• PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah, another reason I can't risk upgrading yet... Mojave dropped support for 32-bit applications apparently. That's too much of a minefield to dive into on a Friday. :)

• PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So... basically nobody is fixing High Sierra. I'm working in a corporate environment, so beta upgrading to Mojave isn't really on the cards for me - all the corp-stuff will explode and nobody will have a clue how to support Mojave until 2020 if I had to guess.

I updated recently to 10.13.6 to get the latest Safari that supports sendBeacon and boom, two monitors explode. So my workflow has taken a serious punch to the throat.

Latest beta driver is three months old and only works on one screen via AirPlay - and without rotation. So that's not really much use to me either.

Apple killing displays over USB and claiming it 'wasn't a real feature' is a middle finger to their dock manufacturers. Someone's gotta have an idea if something is or isn't going to get fixed instead of just 'working on it' six months after the issue first happened :/

• Knut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are lying Displaylink! I am on Mojave 10.14 beta and your lates driver does NOT work with my USB3 to Displayport or USB3 to DVI adapters produced by you! Give us a real fix! I have been waiting for you to solve this for months now so if you don't fix it shortly I just want to know where to send these useless adapters to get my money back.

• RJR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a bug in the v4.3 beta 5 where the monitors go into LOCK or SLEEP they do not come back correctly.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately within my company we are not able to upgrade to Mojave yet. And have installed the Beta version on my MacBook Pro running 10.13.6 but find the the software not working as it should.
        When connecting to external screen and laptop lid open it duplicates on 1 screen and extend on the other. I am not able to use both as extended screens and the resolution on the duplicated screen is crapy. When closing the laptop lid; the screen resolustion adjusts however I'm only able to get 1080p instead of 4K on 1 of the monitors.

Hope you come with a solution for High Sierra and not focus only on Mojave as it can probably still take some time before we moving over to the new OS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base