I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,588 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: July 4th

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4, or newer, will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3 and below.
    Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 (http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1169) currently provides an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.14 first two developer previews, using Apple AirPlay® on machines with that feature. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

The third developer preview of 10.14 has changed behaviour. Displays using DisplayLink technology will be present in System Preferences – Display. The displays can be activated, and the mouse is visible, but otherwise the displays are black. Should you have already installed that OS version, simply use DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 6 (http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=180) to force the AirPlay interim whilst the work continues.
    We do not recommend using that OS version for extended desktop changes as it brings no benefit compared to previous versions.
    When a new version brings value, we will obviously notify you.

Our team continues to progress towards a solution which would both restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS and defend that functionality in the future. As daily users of the technology ourselves, we truly understand how disruptive this loss of functionality affecting the full ecosystem can be. Despite getting closer to tell more about roll out, we stay unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution.
    We will keep providing updates to this message.

Thank you for your extended patience. We appreciate your feedback and support.

1637 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You all deserve to lose your jobs. Going on what... 4+ months now? Pathetic.

• Natalie B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After months of waiting , I got my laptop display and two monitors working. First external monitor is Thunderbolt 2 to VGA. Bought a used Apple TV 3rd gen to use second monitor with HDMI via AirPlay. I could never get the DisplayLink to work via Airplay workaround but the Apple TV worked right away. Back in business and no more USB and I don’t have to worry about this anymore! Praise the Lord!

• banoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i've come to this webpage everyday for months waiting for a fix. it's actually my browser homepage when i boot up. sad really.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep coming back to check for progress. Each time I see that the "update" date has changed, but there is no new information about a permanent solution.

It's nice that you are keeping us updated on how the problem is getting worse. But we are coming here for an update about how the SOLUTION is progressing.

QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE ABOVE:
        "...restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS..."

IS there progress being made on your end? Are you fixing it, or are you just waiting around for Apple to come out with its next version of the OS in which this problem hopefully won't present itself?

Are you actually doing anything, or are you just shrugging a lot in hopes that Apple will do something at some point?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be fixed forever in the next build--I've also got some snake oil to sell you, cures everything.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us a timeline for your releases so that we are not in the dark. This also allows us to provide constructive feedback aside the grief we are all feeling..

• Ana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I blame Mac, no DisplayLink. My 3-monitor setup was working flawlessly until this latest High Sierra release.

You guys need to at least communicate. This is beyond patience. It wouldn't be as bad if someone was on here updating every other day letting everyone know you are all still heavily involved. Or try being more transparent. I feel like i i've been scammed by a bad kickstarter. Im on 10.13.3 forever.

After this debacle I'm 100% never buying a DisplayLink product again. I haven't been able to use my monitors for months and that's completely unacceptable. We have a whole office full of people that are using the exact same dock and monitor setup that are experiencing the same thing. We are all convinced of never buying another DisplayLink product again. Good job killing off your user base DisplayLink. RIP.

• Disappointed User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alright, so I bought a Dell D6000 Universal Dock. I came to the conlusion that it is not as universal as they advertise.

After some research I found out that DisplayLink created their technology by reverse engineering some proprietary Apple Mac OS API's. This means that even IF they are able to fix it again, it is very likely to break again in the future when apple updates their API's again (like they did this time).

I'm returning my dock and never buying any scammy DisplayLink hardware again.

• Terran Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just purchased an MPC Touch only to find out that I can't use the touch screen because my OS is up to date? WOW!!!!!!!!

• Les commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please fix this asap i have multiple apple computers in my office with dual monitors to make 3 screens. mirroring will not do the job.

• Claire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This truly needs to be fixed! It is awful and I am using IOS 10.13.6 and STILL cant connect an external monitor using display link after updating my software.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alban, perhaps some people from the VR device teams can be borrowed to put his fire out? This is after all a 5 alarm fire that is incinerating your company's reputation!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10.13.6 with latest beta version, secondary monitor on HDMI. Extended mode works, however the decrease of fps of both screens is crazy, especially then using Lightroom on the secondary display...please fix it, this can't be true to wait so long and I already had 10.13.5 installed when I bought displaylink dock so I had no option except beta version...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 81 82

Feedback and Knowledge Base