I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,750 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1976 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(Update to my previous comment, see below)

17 minutes. That's all I got before image corruption this time. UNRELIABLE and USELESS are the right words for DisplayLink docks.

And regarding sluggishness: my MacBook Pro is dual-graphic. When the screens are connected with cheap USB-C->DP dongles, everything works brilliant and I can see (in System information app) that my AMD Radeon card has two screens connected. Additionally, Activity Monitor app gives me information about which graphic card is used, and it is the "High performance" one. (If you want to find out yourself, check out the "Energy" tab, and the table in the bottom of the app, it will say either "Graphic card: Integrated" or "High perf.")

However, when I connect my screen to the dock, computer stops using the dedicated high performance graphic, and falls back to using the integrated one. Hence the sluggishness I guess.

What a useless piece of hardware and software, DisplayLink.

• jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With 10.14.1 and driver 5.0.1 I can get it to run with two standard resolution (no 4K) screens connected to my HP dock with DisplayPort. Sometimes the image on both screens get "corrupted" (just random lines white and dark, sometimes magenta and other colors, no desktop whatsoverever).

But even when it's not corrupted, I can't help but notice HOW SLUGGISH it is compared to using two separate USB-C->DP dongles, and connecting my screens though them.

In the Activity Control app I can see how a process named "DisplayLinkManager" kind of eats my CPU even when I'm doing NOTHING. Just having Activity Monitor and one Safari window open (to write this) makes DisplayLinkManager use between 10-15 % of CPU on a top notch 2017 MacBook Pro.

Can DisplayLink answer this: why is your solution so much slower than simple, dedicated, $15 dongles? I'm not talking about gaming with ridiculous FPS expectation but basic code editor and browser work.

• Filipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get a fix on DisplayLink for multi-monitor support in MacOS Mojave? We can only use dual-monitor with mirroring which is pretty surprising - non-mirroring just doesn't work, black screen. The same applies to the Beta 6 you provide. The last version is from October and we're already in November... Can you please prioritize this fix?

• Rok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on Macbook Pro 15" 2018, Driver 5.0.1 and macOS 10.14.2 beta I'm still getting the same as with 10.14. and 10.14.1, which is 1 additional screen only, the other one is blank.
        Using plugable usb-c dock

• Bodo Warkentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Driver 5.0.1 does not work with macOS 10.14.2 DP1(18C31g) ...
        on a Macbook Pro 2012 15-inch , i7, 16GB Mem, Nvidia GeForce GT650M, Intel HD 4000, SSD

On macOS 10.14.1 it did work.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Macbook 2018 13 inch here.

Running MacOS 10.14.2 and with the 5.0.1 DisplayLink software I',m finally thinking I'll get to use my Delll D6000 dock with my macbook. Unfortunately one of my monitors is rotated 90 degrees and the DisplayListManager eats a whole cpu core and then some while only providing 30 Hz. I thought today would be my 1 cable dream come true. Nope. Not yet.

DisplayLink, please get a fix for the poor rotated display performance and ensure full 60 Hz. Btw, I'm using 2 Dell 4k UltraSharp (U2718Q)

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried every fix out there and nothing is working for mojave.... just a black screen, not even a cursor. Any fresh new ideas anyone has other than reinstalling the drivers over and over?

• Abbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thing finally works on MBP 2018, Driver 5.0.1 and 10.14.2!

• Pekka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm too that 10.14.2 beta + DisplayLink 5.0.1 made external display work as it should. I'm using Macbook 2018 and Lenovo's docking station.

• Osvald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the tip Antonio, the 10.14.2 beta update + DisplayLink 5.0.1 actually made both of my 2 extended screens work, with the correct resolution and everything. Finally!

• Antonio Esnaurrizar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys good news for those that have MPB 2018. I just updated to the beta version 10.14.2 and screens are working. FINALLY!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not install Mojave update 10.14.1 as it has the same issue as was experienced with the High Sierra 10.13.4 i.e. blank screen

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mikael Klingbjer: there is no "Security & integrity" System setting? Do you mean "Security & Privacy" > "Privacy" > "Automation"?

• Mikael Klingbjer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m running Mojave 14.1 and driver v5.0.1 installed, and had same problem like all others.

My solution was this: Open System Preferences > Security and integrity > Click the ”Allow”-button on the lower right hand side and then tick the checkbox for DisplayLink.

After that I restated the system and now everything is working like it should.

• Ajay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No Change after updating to 10.14.1. Still the black screen with cursor

• Pekka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just upgraded to Mojave 10.14.1 but no change: 2nd screen stays black and only cursor is visible :(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 98 99

Feedback and Knowledge Base