Make the Linux driver open source and get it into the kernel
If the DisplayLink driver existed in the kernel, it would be SO much easier for the users to get it working. In my role as Chief Digital Officer for a large company (of 8000 people), I would probably have bought 500 of these devices IF the driver were just upstream (you know, how Linux devices normally "just work" without the aggro common in the Windows world). However, the annoyance of a manual driver install, especially when it's broken on updates to newer kernels, is just something I wouldn't want to invest in. Please consider that proprietary drivers are serious impediment to sales, and just work with a willing community upstream.
-
My Train links commented
Where Is My Train is a convenient travel tool that helps passengers access train information without spending too much time searching. https://whereismytraiin.com/
-
Hira Bata commented
उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार द्वारा संचालित UP Scholarship 2026-27 योजना के तहत छात्र ऑनलाइन आवेदन करके आर्थिक सहायता प्राप्त कर सकते हैं। लेकिन कई विद्यार्थियों को registration के समय mobile verification, portal error, OTP problem या नया account बनाने में परेशानी आती है। अगर आपका UP Scholarship registration पूरा नहीं हो रहा है या बार-बार error दिख रहा है, तो इसके पीछे कई तकनीकी और जानकारी से जुड़ी वजहें हो सकती हैं। इस लेख में हम registration से जुड़ी सामान्य समस्याओं और उनके आसान समाधान के बारे में जानेंगे।
https://upscholarshipsonline.com/ -
Ayesha Nureen commented
<a href="https://mbwhatapp.com/">MB WhatsApp</a> APK is an unofficial Android messaging mod that offers an iOS-style interface, dual-account support, advanced privacy controls, custom themes, message scheduling, auto-replies, and expanded file-sharing options.
-
Ayesha Nureen commented
<a href="https://tarjetonimsdigital.com.mx/">Tarjeton IMSS Digital</a> el Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS) ha mejorado sus servicios digitales, ofreciendo a los trabajadores activos, jubilados y pensionados la posibilidad de gestionar sus registros financieros y laborales en línea sin necesidad de acudir a las oficinas. El Tarjetón IMSS, también conocido como Recibo de Nómina Digital, proporciona a los beneficiarios información detallada sobre los ingresos mensuales, deducciones por impuestos, cuotas sindicales, préstamos y otras contribuciones, junto con un comprobante oficial de pago.
-
Bala commented
<a href="https://tmsimregisteer.com/">TM SIM registration</a> is required for all users in the Philippines under the SIM Registration Act (Republic Act No. 11934) to keep mobile numbers active, secure, and legally compliant. TM (Touch Mobile), a prepaid brand under Globe Telecom, allows new and existing users to register their SIM cards easily through the official online portal, the GlobeOne app, or authorized TM stores.
-
L Hamraz commented
Sometimes users successfully download their payslip but face problems while opening or viewing the PDF file. Errors may appear because of file corruption, device compatibility issues, or problems with PDF applications. This guide explains common reasons behind payslip PDF errors and suggests basic troubleshooting steps users can follow before attempting another download.
https://hamraazweeb.com/ -
Ayesha Bibi commented
Some applicants may need to apply again because their previous application was rejected, incomplete, or affected by incorrect information. Understanding the reapplication process can help eligible women avoid repeating the same mistakes. This article explains the situations where reapplication may be needed and what applicants should prepare before submitting a new request.
https://annapurnabhandarr.com/ -
My Sainsbury's L commented
Employees often need previous payslips for financial applications, personal records, or tax purposes. Many colleagues want to know whether older documents remain available through employee systems. This guide explains what users should understand about accessing historical payroll information.
https://mysainsburrys.com/ -
Bart Blommaerts commented
cars would not be popular if they could only drive on concrete of 1 particular company either. Open the Source!
-
Reinder Feenstra commented
The products and technology look great,, but without proper Linux support it is a no-go for me. I've learned my lesson with other hardware which didn't have open drivers, it breaks from time to time resulting in waisting time to get it fixed again.
-
Kiçik Ferhat commented
Importante
-
Christophe WERMELINGER commented
I just install DisplayLink driver on a 2019 HP Pavilion laptop running on Linux Mint 22.1 ... All packages seem to be properly installed (with or without secure boot), but no way to get display on my 2 ASUS VU249CFE screens.
And driver installation is not that easy.
Very disappointed, if the issue remains, I will send back my Port Designs docking station and get refund.
It would be so easy to have an open source linux driver !! -
area51pilot commented
I completely agree! I upgraded to Ubuntu 25.04 aand checked all my software except this. I forgot to make sure drivers were available even though this happens all the time with new releases on an updated kernel. :-|
At the very least make sure the drivers are available for download.
-
Sam Vervaeck
commented
Just adding to the heap of comments. This issue is THE reason I'm returning my purchase.
-
Rémi Letot
commented
ouch, I'm so happy that I came here before buying for my client... So, no displaylink today :-(
-
Ezequiel Partida commented
Wow,, I am very impress.. This post was on january 21, 2017, almost 7 years ago and still it is only available for ubuntu and not in kernel, and the one for fedora only works for fedora thanks for fedora systemd scriplets.
In the company I work we have more than 80 of this devices and I have recommended to use other brand which is much cheaper and linux compatible since I guess other distro customers are NOT important for displaylink / synaptic.
-
JohnChris Franklin (Chris) commented
@DisplayLink - You just lost ANOTHER customer using Linux. My next order of docks will be Thunderbolt based.
-
82UN0
commented
Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS Codename: jammy
Display HDMI not working after installing Kernel : 6.2.0-26-generic #26~22.04.1-Ubuntu & synaptics-repository-keyring.debWhy have to fear every kernel change?
-
Matthijs W
commented
It’s absolutely unacceptable that this driver keeps breaking. It has cost me many hours to troubleshoot issues with my DisplayLink stuff. I advice against buying DisplayLink for Unix based hardware, please save yourself the trouble and buy a thunderbolt dock instead.
-
Daniele Turra commented
Up
