I suggest you...

Support f.lux on Windows

Flux will reduce the amount of blue light emitted by the screen which aids going to bed. As it stands, there is no support for color calibration to DisplayLink connected monitors. DCC/CI commands are supported, but there are issues that make it not a viable solution (http://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor).

791 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew MacleanMatthew Maclean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mmmmmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Latest f.lux 4.47 with latest DisplayLink drivers (8.3 M1) on Window 7 with Dell D3100 still does not work for me with indirect displays.
        My prior issue (with apps on indirect displays not refreshing during WebEx) was resolved with DL support - at least for Office applications, disabling hardware acceleration in Office did the trick for that.

• Dawid FerenczyDawid Ferenczy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the USB 3.0 docking station Targus ACP70EU and latest f.lux (4.47) on Windows 7 and it has no effect on display connected to the docking station. I didn't find any explicit option in f.lux's setting. What am I missing, please?

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JI, there is a separate thread for Mac and it has different challenges. I have renamed this idea to specifiy Windows.

@Anonymous, the Dell D1000 is using the same hardware family (DL-3000/DL-5000) as the Dell D3100 and I have been using f.lux on Windows 10 successfully for weeks. Therefore there is no issue on that side. I have also tried it on the Dell D6000 using the latest DL-6950 chip and it works.
        I suggest you check f.lux options.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

F.lux is not working when I use my D1000 docking station. Is there going to be support for this in the future?

• JIJI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm assuming this applies to the Windows version, but not the Mac OS version?

• GregorGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for supporting f-lux. It is so much wanted!
        Thank you in advance

Just installed 8.3 M0 on Win7. Still have issue of 2 displays driven by Dell D3100 not refreshing when sharing laptop screen via WebEx. Typing in a window on a external display does not paint when keystrokes occur, but only when using mouse to move the window.

• KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I fix my flux, it stopped working and I need it!!!!! Please help. I have a mac OS X, sierra version 10.12.6.

• Arul Prakash SelvakumarArul Prakash Selvakumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you are working on any other feature drop everything and work on this feature right now.It has already taken awful lot of time. Irritated

• Val KostaVal Kosta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have windows 7v on my new dell laptop, download the beta drivers and add the key string but flux did not work on the Apple's LCD screens....

Any help on this ?

I'm running 8.3a1 on Windows 7 on my work laptop (driving a 1920x1080 display directly) plus a Dell D3100 driving two monitors (1920x1200 and 1600x1200). I find that WebEx is not usable on the D3100 driven monitors (the screen just won't paint reliably) - that appears to be related to WebEx painting a large portion of the screen regularly. A behavior that seems similar to me, is that the final of many keyboard activities paint then rollback the painting. For example, I might type ABC, and I'll see all three characters for a moment, then the final one (C in this example) will disappear. Then if I add a space, e.g., I'll see the full "ABC ". This happens quick regularly. It may only happen in my RDP session, but I do flip around a lot and am not 100% sure it's limited to that.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed the 8.2 Beta 2 on my computer. It solved the Flux issue - Flux now works great - but seems to have created a new issue: my second monitor now seems a bit laggy sometimes.

I notice it most when typing. Typically in Word or Evernote but even as I type this it is evident. It makes typing very frustrating.

Any idea what's causing this? How to fix?

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@mmm Dell D3100 with Windows 7 is targeted for release 8.3 currently scheduled for July. It's the right hardware, but wrong OS for 8.2 preview.
        I'm looking at trying to get an *alpha* version of the 8.3 driver in May/June for those who feel like trying unfinished software. Today, it's not been tested enough to be acceptable even as an alpha. When I have news I will post.

I'm running Windows 7 on my work laptop, with a Dell D3100. I understand that to be a compatible device, but I'm not following whether I might be able to try this enhancement by adding a registry key. If so, where can I find the details on that key. I've looked thru these comments and the KB, but I'm not finding them. Thanks

• Jean PaulJean Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed 8.2 M1 and followed the instructions given. Adding the registry key and re-plugging the docking station did the trick. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base