I suggest you...

Support flux by allowing color calibration

Flux will reduce the amount of blue light emitted by the screen which aids going to bed. As it stands, there is no support for color calibration to DisplayLink connected monitors. DCC/CI commands are supported, but there are issues that make it not a viable solution (http://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor).

692 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew MacleanMatthew Maclean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Rowen GunnRowen Gunn shared a merged idea: Please let F.lux work on displaylink adapters  ·   · 

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin RJustin R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I am on Ubuntu and using a program called Redshift, which is similar to F.lux. I do not know how to adjust brightness either..please help

• Henrik ChristiansenHenrik Christiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alban,
        Thanks! I found the setting for getting email notifications on new comments, so I suppose I'll catch any exciting updates fairly easily. Thanks!

• Henrik ChristiansenHenrik Christiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the best channel to be updated on the progress (or more specifically; when a public beta is available) for this feature?
        I just bought a Lenovo dock using DisplayLink technology, and the F.lux support is surely missed.

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Piotr, our Mac team is starting evaluating if it possible. We have met issues with another part on Mac (DDC/CI) so this is not a straight forward port from Windows.

Hello Sven, very nice monitor, I use it for trade shows as it's light. This device will not be supported in the initial version version. We are still unsure about possibility. They are built differently and already have gamma curve tables which manufacturers like Asus would use to calibrate them in factory depending on panel used. We need to see if we can override the feature. Investigating is definitely planned.

• Piotr ZientarskiPiotr Zientarski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope it will be for macOS, I have a device (VID: 0x17e9, PID: 0x4300) and I use it everyday (as well as f.lux) so I can help test it

• SvenSven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was searching for a small size full HD monitor today and came across the ASUS MB169B+.
        What are the plans for f.lux support on that USB display?

• Alex FoxAlex Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is awesome news, Alban! Thanks to you and your team. Count me in for the development build testing!

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@johan and all. The products which will first be supported have their hardware ID starting with USB\VID_17e9&PID_43. You can get the hardware ID from Device Manager in the device details (see how to find the HWID in http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544834#otherdevices).
        Once I have a development build, I will probably create a forum board.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news... keeping fingers crossed that this will work on my Targus docking station

Johan

• memiksmemiks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really great to know you are working on a new version with f.lux support ;)

if you need some tester... I can !

Best regards,
        memiks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sad to find that my Asus usb external monitor can't do f.lux... This won't be fun. If you think it's possible to support, please do.

• chenjingxiongchenjingxiong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add functionality to adjust colors, gamma, contrast, brightness and other appropriate settings.

• Rowen GunnRowen Gunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it's "planned" but never released?! It's been 2 years... it doesn't take that long to add in FLUX support. Please our eyes are begging you, add FLUX support!!!

Brian,

TL;DR: It's a big job and we don't do hack jobs so it takes time.

Details:
        f.lux support is under analysis. This requires extensive firmware and some host software work.
        There are 10s of millions of devices in the field with a bit more than one version of Windows, some with one display, some with two, some with three... Some with HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, DVI, and a combination of everything.
        Today, we do not modify the image in any way, we take the output of the graphics card. This is brand new feature that is requested, not just a tweak. This new feature MUST NOT, in any way, create issues when not in use (so in most cases). We need to setup brand new test rigs and test suite to defend it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base