I suggest you...

Support flux by allowing color calibration

Flux will reduce the amount of blue light emitted by the screen which aids going to bed. As it stands, there is no support for color calibration to DisplayLink connected monitors. DCC/CI commands are supported, but there are issues that make it not a viable solution (http://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor).

779 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew MacleanMatthew Maclean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Arul Prakash SelvakumarArul Prakash Selvakumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you are working on any other feature drop everything and work on this feature right now.It has already taken awful lot of time. Irritated

• Val KostaVal Kosta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have windows 7v on my new dell laptop, download the beta drivers and add the key string but flux did not work on the Apple's LCD screens....

Any help on this ?

• mmmmmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running 8.3a1 on Windows 7 on my work laptop (driving a 1920x1080 display directly) plus a Dell D3100 driving two monitors (1920x1200 and 1600x1200). I find that WebEx is not usable on the D3100 driven monitors (the screen just won't paint reliably) - that appears to be related to WebEx painting a large portion of the screen regularly. A behavior that seems similar to me, is that the final of many keyboard activities paint then rollback the painting. For example, I might type ABC, and I'll see all three characters for a moment, then the final one (C in this example) will disappear. Then if I add a space, e.g., I'll see the full "ABC ". This happens quick regularly. It may only happen in my RDP session, but I do flip around a lot and am not 100% sure it's limited to that.

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@mmm Dell D3100 with Windows 7 is targeted for release 8.3 currently scheduled for July. It's the right hardware, but wrong OS for 8.2 preview.
        I'm looking at trying to get an *alpha* version of the 8.3 driver in May/June for those who feel like trying unfinished software. Today, it's not been tested enough to be acceptable even as an alpha. When I have news I will post.

• mmmmmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running Windows 7 on my work laptop, with a Dell D3100. I understand that to be a compatible device, but I'm not following whether I might be able to try this enhancement by adding a registry key. If so, where can I find the details on that key. I've looked thru these comments and the KB, but I'm not finding them. Thanks

• Jean PaulJean Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed 8.2 M1 and followed the instructions given. Adding the registry key and re-plugging the docking station did the trick. Thanks!

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of the issue with gamma tables in the Anniversary Update, we will not be able to enable this feature by default on that OS. Your feedback validates our testing with issue seeing the login screen as Windows may send black gamma tables instead of default which is not acceptable for people who didn't ask for that feature! You can use the current trick from the forums though.
        Windows 10 Creators Update has the fix so we will enable support by default. Engineering is currently testing on Windows 7 - Windows 10 TH2 (build 10586). If testing goes well, then gamma table will be supported from DisplayLink driver v8.3 on devices whose Hardware ID starts with USB\VID_17e9&PID_43 which is the majority of devices in the field.
        Devices whose Hardware ID starts with USB\VID_17e9&PID_6 are next in line but we have already identified restrictions on HDMI during feasibility study.
        Devices whose Hardware ID starts with USB\VID_17e9&PID_FF will come later.
        Devices whose Hardware ID starts with USB\VID_17e9&PID_0 and USB\VID_17e9&PID_40 cannot have new features added once they are in the field so will not get new features.

• Luke HLuke H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To answer the question below, No— 10.12.4 "Night Mode" doesn't work (yet). Hopefully somehow, someday it will be supported.

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone tested to see if macOS 10.12.4 beta's Night Mode works with DL? I assume because it's system based it's likely it would...?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My ThinkPad USB3.0 hub had the hardware IDs mentioned. Install and directions were clear. f.lux now works on my dual display setup. Thanks so much!

• x655x655 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, f.lux works, W10 + i-tec display adapter, beta drive & string EnableGammaRamp=true.

• Justin RJustin R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I am on Ubuntu and using a program called Redshift, which is similar to F.lux. I do not know how to adjust brightness either..please help

• Henrik ChristiansenHenrik Christiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alban,
        Thanks! I found the setting for getting email notifications on new comments, so I suppose I'll catch any exciting updates fairly easily. Thanks!

• Henrik ChristiansenHenrik Christiansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the best channel to be updated on the progress (or more specifically; when a public beta is available) for this feature?
        I just bought a Lenovo dock using DisplayLink technology, and the F.lux support is surely missed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base