I suggest you ...

Support Night Shift and f.lux for Mac OS

As documented, there is work underway for Windows to support f.lux. However, I haven't seen any clear communication that support Night Shift of f.lux on Mac OS is in the works as neither are supported via DisplayLink. It would be really nice to have these options on Mac.

https://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor)

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tyson Nero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kirsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Having 2 external displays plus the internal display use Night Shift; but the third external display driven by the DisplayLink adapter not use it is really jarring.

It would be great if you can make it work.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 This is also a huge issue for me. Please, please fix this.

• Verity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major limitation for me as well. Direct displayport connect to the laptop works just fine with night mode. I guess I have to deal with extra direct wires as opposed to trusting DisplayLink to even acknowledge this as an issue.

• Joe Bloggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status update, please?

I do most of my work at night, so having two displays on Night Shift with the third (displaylink) display glaring bright blue light like it's a flashbulb makes it completely useless.

If not resolved within 14 days I am getting a refund from Amazon.

DisplayLink - Night Shift = Uselses.

• j b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the status of this feature? I just purchased this box and it's enough to make me return it.

• Filippo Tenerelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I believe this is needed to have a uniform experience with multiple screens. Do you have any plan to start developing on this?

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so frustrating you can't use these feature on an external monitor with macOS.

• CP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I can't say how crucial this is. It's the only upgrade I care about.

• David Ibrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing is people say use f.lux in the mean time but that doesn't work either, still only works on the macbook screen.

• David Ibrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a 2017 Macbook pro touch bar with a sabrent usb c docking station( best on amazon) . First of all nightshift doesn't work on the extra displays. I get high temperatures(80-90 celsius) even when almost not doing any tasks, keep in mind I have the highest spec Macbook pro (4 GB graphics card).

Please try to get nightshift to work and also fix the high usage of cpu even when not doing anything.

• Matthew Sawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running MacOS High Sierra on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. I've got dual Samsung 24" curved monitors on each side. One is connected using a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter; the second is connected using an Insignia USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter. The latter utilizes the DisplayLink chipset, and therefore the DisplayLink driver. After installing the driver and rebooting, it seemed my two Samsung monitors didn't look quite right. I adjusted the brightness of the second monitor to match the first, and it still wasn't right. I then realized that Night Shift was enabled. I temporarily disabled it, and both external monitors were identical. I re-enabled Night Shift, and only the built-in laptop display and one external monitor (attached to the mini-DisplayPort to HDMI) changed to the warmer colors, while the DisplayLink-attached monitor stayed in its normal (non-Night Shift) state. This is quite distracting! I would like all of my displays to be in Night Shift as appropriate. As a workaround, I can turn off Night Shift (temporarily), but ideally I would really like to be able to use Night Shift and have it available on all my displays.

• Artur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to me too. Make NightShift working on DisplayLink, please. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen! I need f.lux or Night Shift working via display link or else I'll have to return the product.

Feedback and Knowledge Base