If your saved display layout gets corrupted on your macbook computer, then macOS may log you out and after entering your login details, the screen will blink and returns to the "login window".
Here is a way to correct this behaviour:
- Disconnect your docking station from your computer for a moment - so you are able to log into your computer.
- Download the DisplayLink Support Tool for macOS.
- Run the DisplayLink Support Tool.
- Then select Advanced in the left top corner of your top menu bar and once expanded select Reset Screen Layout:
- Then restart the machine, connect dock again and try to log in.