- The installation of DisplayLink software ended prematurely
- The installation of DisplayLink software was interrupted
- You see the message "The older version of DisplayLink Core Software cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group".
- Unable to find DisplayLinkCore.msi file during an installation
- Unable to find DisplaylinkUsb.sys file during an installation
- The installer is trying to upgrade DisplayLink software, rather than install it, even though DisplayLink does not appear in the Windows Programs list
First, please make sure you only have a single user logged in to the computer as the cleaner may not be able to clean files locked by another active user.
This can be done by following the steps below:
- Disconnect all hardware using DisplayLink technology.
- Download the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner.
- Extract the
EndUserCleaner.exefrom the zip files to a folder or the Windows desktop.
- The EndUserCleaner.exe needs to be run with Administrator permissions. To be sure it runs as Administrator, right click on the EndUserCleaner and choose "Run as administrator":
- Accept any User Access Control requests
- The Cleaner should run in a command prompt. Press Enter to start cleaning:
- Once the cleaner has finished, please reboot the computer