- DisplayLink supports up to two full HD monitors. It is possible to connect and use more but this is not tested or supported by DisplayLink.
- Rotation is not supported due to missing functionality in the generic modesetting driver
- Going into/out of mirror mode may not work and the X server may crash
- Audio should work for DL devices supporting 2 channel audio. 5.1 audio is not Supported by the in-box audio driver. If the DisplayLink device advertises 5.1 audio, it will not work until the PulseAudio daemon is restarted. This will enable 5.1 audio to start functioning but channels may be swapped. It is recommended to reconfigure the 5.1 audio to stereo audio to avoid this issue.
- Closed source AMD/NVIDIA drivers are incompatible with DisplayLink driver. Please use open-source AMD/NVIDIA drivers instead.
- Changing the display layout from extend to mirror and back to extend keeps the resolution seen in mirror mode (highest possible common resolution from the mirror mode). To recover, set the resolution back to the default for extended screens. This is an OS limitations as the same problem can be reproduced without DisplayLink present.
- After connecting DisplayLink screens, the monitors might be black. The user should go to: "System settings" -> "Displays" and turn the monitors on.
- All DisplayLink outputs are reported as DVI outputs
- The X server may crash after unplugging a DisplayLink device, if the device was the only active screen.
- Changing display layout may not work sometimes. This problem occurs when more than one DisplayLink display is connected, and is not limited to DisplayLink. More information is available in this article.
- For some dock products, the DisplayLink screens may not be available after machine resume from suspend.