The DisplayLink software will use the monitor preferred mode by default.
If the monitor does not report any supported modes, DisplayLink will offer a default list of modes.
Note: not all supported monitor modes may be offered if they are not supported by your DisplayLink device. The table below documents the maximum supported resolution of DisplayLink ICs on various interfaces.
|DL-125||Not supported||Not supported||1600x900 or 1400x1050||1600x900 or 1400x1050|
|DL-165||Not supported||Not supported||1920x1080 or 1600x1200||1920x1080 or 1600x1200|
|DL-195||Not supported||Not supported||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-3100||Not supported||Not supported||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-3500||2560x1600||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-3700||2560x1600||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-3900||2560x1600||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-3950||2560x1600||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-5500||3840x2160p30||2048x1152 (using DP++ adapter)||2048x1152 (using DP++ adapter)||1920x1080 (using DP++ adapter)|
|DL-5700||3840x2160p30||2048x1152 (using DP++ adapter)||2048x1152 (using DP++ adapter)||1920x1080 2 (using DP++ adapter)|
|DL-5900||3840x2160p30||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
|DL-5910||3840x2160p30||2048x1152 or 2560x1440p50||2048x1152||1920x1080|
Points to note:
- The available resolutions through the OS display configuration will be restricted to those supported by the display. If the display does not report the maximum resolution as supported, it will not be available to the user to select.
- If connecting multiple displays to multiple video outputs, where only one output can be active at a time, the active display will be enabled using the following priority order: DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, VGA.
- If using the DL-3900 or DL-5900, which supports dual outputs, resolutions above 2048x1152 will be unavailable if a second display is connected. If wanting to use the DL-3900 with resolutions above 2048x1152, disconnect the second display.
- Monitors which have DisplayPort Multi-stream Transport (MST) should have this feature disabled when used as MST is not currently supported.
- Dual link DVI is not supported by any of DisplayLink's ICs.