I suggest you...

ARM linux support

Better Linux support, a direct driver for X11 and support ARM devices and not crypted logs.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    m_f_m_f_ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  WimAdminWim (Product Manager, DisplayLink) responded  · 

I’ve updated this to be for ARM Linux support. EVDI is designed as an open source component to be adapted for different graphics architectures.

The logs from the DisplayLink binary component are encrypted to protect IP. This is the same on all OSes for DisplayLink binary components.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy BillingtonAndy Billington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the Ubuntu driver actually an Ubuntu driver, or is it an x86/x64-only Ubuntu driver? On the supported OS list it says Linux - Ubuntu, it doesn't say "Partial", or "Limited" or "x86 only"?
        Thanks!

• Chris HawkinsChris Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got an Asus MB168B+ that I'd love to use with a Raspberry Pi 3 running Ubuntu MATE. Support seems sooo close, but no ARM divers. Please oh please just recompile the otherwise working Ubuntu drivers and distribute! It can't be that hard...

• BjoernBjoern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

root@bjoern-desktop:/opt/displaylink# uname -a
        Linux bjoern-desktop 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
        root@bjoern-desktop:/opt/displaylink# ./DisplayLinkManager
        -bash: ./DisplayLinkManager: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
        root@bjoern-desktop:/opt/displaylink#

What to do now?

• MichaelPMichaelP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For DL 41xx DisplayLink series i have compiled the evdi and the udl module under kernel 4.4.0 for RaspberryPi2 ( and works well, the display is listed under lsusb) the only problem is, the displayLinkManager is not for ARM

• JordiJordi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

Just confirm this DON'T WORK :

-- Raspberry Pi 2

jordi@ubuntu:~/Software/displaylink-driver-1.0.335$ uname -a
        Linux ubuntu 3.18.0-25-rpi2 #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 5 06:46:34 UTC 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

jordi@ubuntu:~/Software/displaylink-driver-1.0.335$ sudo ./displaylink-installer.sh
        DisplayLink Linux Software 1.0.335 install script called:
        Distribution discovered: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
        Unsatisfied dependencies. Missing component: Linux headers for running kernel, 3.18.0-25-rpi2.
        This is a fatal error, cannot install DisplayLink Linux Software.

But I know that a Raspberry Pi 2 with Fedora Linux have not problems to manage the same USB-Monitor...without any extra driver installation...

Feedback and Knowledge Base