Support rotation on M1 Macs
Update to enable rotation to work correctly on M1 Macs.
Marcus Henrik Heinz commented
Please fix this.
Your product is useless to me without the screenrotation.
Not working too DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 Macbook Air M1
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111) running an M1 MacBook Pro on macOS 11.2.3 with WAVLINK USB C - screen rotation is not working
If anyone has workarounds - please advise
"Rotation on the DisplayLink Manager is available from macOS 11 Big Sur and DisplayLink Manager v1.1 onwards. For previous macOS versions, DisplayLink classic driver stays available."
This is NOT accurate in any way, shape or form. Rotation is not working at all and I'm worried by seeing this 7 months ago and still no fix that people responsible for this think it's fixed?! We need this fixed!
Chester Banaszak commented
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111) running an M1 MacBook Pro on macOS 11.2.3 (20D91) with the Startech USB32DP4K adapter. Confirmed: display will not rotate despite the option showing up in System Preferences.
Rotation configurations are not available on
2017 15" Macbook Pro - MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 w/ DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 Build 56.111
screen rotation doesn't work with mac
Really need display link to support vertical orientation for big sur - when can this update be available
Screen rotation on the displaylink displayers is not working though the 2 displays are driving 2x2K monitors fine in landscape mode. I have a Mac Mini M1 with 1.3 driver in Big Sur via 4URPC Triple 4K Display USB-C Docking Station DS-C02 (with 1 HDMI alt port, 1 HDMI Displaylink output, and 1 Displayport Displaylink output) . I have 1x43" 4K monitor and 2x24" Dells at 1920x1080 in vertical portrait mode. The 2 Dells are on the Displaylink output and neither can rotate. And if I mix the USBC alt port HDMI output with the DisplayLink output (either one), the system crashes, kicks me out of the system, reboots, and a minute later, I am back to the initial boot log in screen. After logging back in, my system tells me the DisplayLink manager is disable and manually running Displaylink manager yields nothing (which tells me Big Sur disabled the software because of the repeated crahses). I can re-able the Displaylink manager if I unplug the dock's USBC connection to the mini and reset its power.
This is ridiculous that it’s taking so long for this.
M1 Macbook Air 11.2.3 (Big Sur) + v1.3. Not working
Mitch Yang commented
M1 Macbook Air 11.2.3 (Big Sur)
Not working with screen rotation. Hoping this will be fixed soon.
Not working with M1 Mac Mini with the v1.3 driver and Big Sure 11.2.2.
Nicholas Bond commented
Please fix. Really need this.
As of March 29, 2021, rotate does not work on MacBook Pro M1 with v1.3 driver and Big Sur 11.2.2.
Patricio Vargas commented
I'm on a MacBook Pro 16" with Catalina v10.15.7 and DisplayLink Manger v1.3 and monitor rotation is not supported :(
Please fix! :)
Prashant Jain commented
Please fix this, this is a P0.
Ryan Howard commented
I found a work around. It's not the best, but it is functional and good for my needs programing/reading etc. There is a small inconvenience with the displays switching monitors, but it only occurs when removing or adding a display after initial setup. All external monitors work in clamp-shell mode. and i have no mouse lag between monitors
1. Connect Display link to MB port (1).
2. Connect monitor 1 (horizontal) to display link via HDMI.
3. Connect USB hub to MB port (2).
4. Connect monitor 2 (vertical) to USB hub via HDMI.
5. Connect power to MB via USB hub
6. Connect external SSD via display link
7. (optional) Connect Ipad via sidecar to MB for a third extended monitor and controller using touch screen/pencil features
Here's a list of the equipment/systems i'm running
- MacBook Pro M1, Big Sur 11.2.2
- Ipad Pro 12.9 (2020)
- Monitor 1 (horizontal) Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultra-wide
- Monitor 2 (vertical) LG 27" 27MN60T-W Class FHD IPS Monitor
- Plugable USB 3.0 and USB-C Dual 4K Display Docking Station with DisplayPort and HDMI for Windows, DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)
- Uni USB C Hub 4K, USB Type C 6-in-1 Adapter with 4K HDMI, 100W Power Delivery, 2 USB 3.0, Micro/SD Card Readers, Thunderbolt 3 Compatible and MacSanDisk,
- SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD (1050MB/s)
- Logitech MX Keys Advanced Illuminated Wireless Keyboard for Mac
- Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse
Hope this helps as a workaround until Apple and DisplayLink work this out.