Support rotation on M1 Macs
Update to enable rotation to work correctly on M1 Macs.
DisplayLink Manager 1.6 or newer (https://synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/downloads/macos) on macOS 12 Monterey now enables display rotation on Apple M1 computers (details in https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1984314 )
For issues with this new functionality, please reach out to Technical-Enquiries@Synaptics.com so the team can investigate through a technical support ticket.
As of March 29, 2021, rotate does not work on MacBook Pro M1 with v1.3 driver and Big Sur 11.2.2.
Patricio Vargas commented
I'm on a MacBook Pro 16" with Catalina v10.15.7 and DisplayLink Manger v1.3 and monitor rotation is not supported :(
Please fix! :)
Prashant Jain commented
Please fix this, this is a P0.
Ryan Howard commented
I found a work around. It's not the best, but it is functional and good for my needs programing/reading etc. There is a small inconvenience with the displays switching monitors, but it only occurs when removing or adding a display after initial setup. All external monitors work in clamp-shell mode. and i have no mouse lag between monitors
1. Connect Display link to MB port (1).
2. Connect monitor 1 (horizontal) to display link via HDMI.
3. Connect USB hub to MB port (2).
4. Connect monitor 2 (vertical) to USB hub via HDMI.
5. Connect power to MB via USB hub
6. Connect external SSD via display link
7. (optional) Connect Ipad via sidecar to MB for a third extended monitor and controller using touch screen/pencil features
Here's a list of the equipment/systems i'm running
- MacBook Pro M1, Big Sur 11.2.2
- Ipad Pro 12.9 (2020)
- Monitor 1 (horizontal) Samsung 34-Inch SJ55W Ultra-wide
- Monitor 2 (vertical) LG 27" 27MN60T-W Class FHD IPS Monitor
- Plugable USB 3.0 and USB-C Dual 4K Display Docking Station with DisplayPort and HDMI for Windows, DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)
- Uni USB C Hub 4K, USB Type C 6-in-1 Adapter with 4K HDMI, 100W Power Delivery, 2 USB 3.0, Micro/SD Card Readers, Thunderbolt 3 Compatible and MacSanDisk,
- SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD (1050MB/s)
- Logitech MX Keys Advanced Illuminated Wireless Keyboard for Mac
- Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse
Hope this helps as a workaround until Apple and DisplayLink work this out.
Martin Allard commented
I downloaded the latest software but unable to rotate the screen on mac mini M1 with Big Sur 11.2.2
I downloaded the latest software but unable to rotate the screen on my Mac Book Air 13 M1 with Big Sur 11.2.2
DisplayLink v1.3.0 with MacBook Pro M1 - Big Sur. Display rotation isn't working. Are there any plans to fix this issue in the sort term? Thanks!
Same here. I'm having DisplayLink v1.3 with MacBook Pro M1 - Big Sur 11.2.1. Display rotation isn't working. Please help.
I have the same problem Bug Sir M1 chip and DisplayLink Manager v1.3!
When try to rotation display just freeze for about a minute and the go back to landscape.
Mike Jones commented
curious when support for rotated screens will be available. Right now I am in a catch 22. I need the clamshell closed, which only works on a legacy DisplayLink driver- I have a 35" monitor which won't take the legacy resolution and can't rotate my 27" even though the resolution is OK. When do you presume this will be available?
Buddy Becks commented
Why is this marked as completed when it clearly doesn't work? Without this feature - display link is nearly useless for me.
Chailam Poon commented
+1. My experience with displaylink and the M1 has been 9/10. With screen rotation it would be 10/10
Ramir Fortes commented
i need fix the rotation support. Please fix it them
I really needs this feature, please!
Hi! Big Sur 11.2 on Apple M1 (pro 13"), bug still actual. Fix it please!
I would appreciate this as well.
I have a Anker thunderbolt dock with an LG thunderbolt monitor attached to it. I also have an Acer HDMI/DP monitor that I would like to use with my M1 MBP. The M1 sees the adaptor in the system profiler, but the display stays black and the displays preferences doesnt recognize it. If I swap to an intel system, the display works properly. I have the latest software running, what is preventing my Acer display from being recognized by the displays presence pane?
Ken Pem commented
Do we know when it might be available?
Ken Pem commented
+1 for this... upgrade to new MacBook Pro and lose functionality I had before!