I suggest you ...

This has allowed me to get both external monitors in "extended" mode

Try this

1- shut down your MB
2 - unplug both adapters
3- restart MB
4- after it's up and you've logged in first plug in the the display port adapter and wait for the monitor to come online it should be an extension, not mirror of the MB monitor
5-plug in the USB adapter and it should mirror the MB display, though at a lower resolutions than the other external monitor.
6- DO NOT CLOSE THE MB. If you do it will create a mirror to both monitors if you do

While the MB comes up okay when the screen slips, it will not come back after closing the laptop and put it into sleep mode.

So you have to shutdown and restart your MB everytime you go to plug the adapters back in.

Not a perfect fix, but the best I've been able obtain

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric Steinberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DisplayLink hates you. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No not “perfect” or a fix. Stop posting potentially harmful advice. Admins??? Oh yeah you’re whole one person dev team figure out multi-egpu integration yet? Didn’t think so. Good luck. Sad for anybody stuck on old macOS. You’re laughably terrible at this whole customer service & support game, eh?

An eta on a beta is not an eta at all. Keep on feeding the masses your crap, they seem to like it.

• DisplayLink hates you. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don’t trick the machine into using graphics switching unless you’re looking to fry your logic board. This exact product did that to me by following dumb advice from a dumb forum. Call an expert. And stop posting your own fixes. They’re garbage at best and doing harm. Keep it to yourself and let these clowns keep feeding you crap betas until they’re the ones responsible. The amount of dumb in here is astonishing

Feedback and Knowledge Base