I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,750 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1976 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is any chance to receive from You info about ETA that problem will be solved?
        Had 3 screens ... having only one...

• Hal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple question, is there a way for me to back up one step on the iOS to the one that worked?

If I'm reading apple's update right they tried to add support for external graphics processors, not the adapters we are using. The apparent side effect of this is that graphics data can no longer flow through a USB port. DL can do absolutely nothing about this unless you want them to create a separate app that you have to open every time you use your monitor and then have to open the driver as yet another app inside the first. (this would use a ton more ram than most computers have). So to make it a short story: DL has to either wait for apple to fix it on their end, or they can tell us that they no longer support OS X.

• David Poplar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick question to anyone who understands the technical basis of the problem (which isn't me):

Is it just a matter of time before DL figures out a solution to this issue, or is it possible (or likely?) that the problem cannot be fixed?

• Ben Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello DL - Are you waiting on Apple for a response? Or Are you demanding the response? The wait is overkill, we need the solution ASAP.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DL, 3 months is not enough time to find a solution ?
        If not how long is enough ?

• Fredrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eric: Honestly, I'm sure they have heard enough customer stories already. Let them work in peace with the limited resources they have, instead of answering the phone it would prefer if they give a daily update, just to say they are alive and working on the issue. I think half of the adapters ppl are reporting about here is unknown to DL and never payed a penny for the license to use DL technology, hence the lack of resources for a fast correction..

Roll back if you are in panic mode, and let the guys do their thing.

• Murilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I have a MacBook Air mid 2012, and still connected to a external monitor via thunderbolt port.

BUT, I just bought a USB 3.0 - VGA adapter cable, and its not working.

The adapter is from Fresco Logic, and my OS is HighSierra 10.13.4.

I know there are some fixes running up.. so unfortunately we need to wait.

But, anyway, do you guys know if I use DisplayLink driver to my Mac, it will be able to connect a Fresco Logic adapter?

Thx!

• rjbmisc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the Newertech USB3.0 to DVI adapter driver so that it works with the newest version of Mac OS.

• Scott B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bypassed the dock for now due to the driver issues and just replaced it with 2 USB C --> HDMI adapters. I already had a couple on hand so there was no additional cost for me. Driving a 4k UHD TV and a 1080p display with the 2 different adapter. Pisses me off that I just spent $250 on this brick because DL doesn't know how to plan and test with upcoming Apple releases that have been in beta for quite a while. Shows a complete lack of professionalism on DL's part. Shame on you! You have had plenty of time to come up with something to fix this.

• Lorenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know if the beta driver is running under "macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 beta 2"?

• Scott B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bypassed the dock for now due to the driver issues and just replaced it with 2 USB C --> HDMI adapters. I already had a couple on hand so there was no additional cost for me. Driving a 4k UHD TV and a 1080p display with the 2 different adapter. Pisses me off that I just spent $250 on this brick because DL doesn't know how to plan and test with upcoming Apple releases that have been in beta for quite a while. Shows a complete lack of professionalism on DL's part. Shame on you! You have had plenty of time to come up with something to fix this.

• Bekzat Sadykov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got my portable Asus Zenscreen monitor delivered and found this problem with driver. I use MacBook Pro 15 mid 2014.
        Any alternative methods to connect for portable USB monitors? I googled a lot if there is a way to use USB-C to Thunderbolt adaptor, but seems there is no way to get it work. Did anyone find a solution in same case?
        I have no idea how long we have to wait a driver update. But I hope that DL and Apple will find a solution in nearest future.

• somedude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DL, please let us know if there is light at the end of the tunnel.
        This appears to have been caused by a significant architecture change by Apple.
        If it's true that you had access to betas of 10.13.4 well in advance, then it's inexcusable for not having 4.3 driver ready.
        Either way, this could be a significant blow to your business as users that have gone through this ordeal will likely avoid DL based products in the future.
        For the time being, Time Machine saved the day and I was able to revert to 10.13.3, but we really need to know if this will eventually be solved.

I bought this Display Link product specifically for my Mac about a week before this issue happened. Is there any way I could get a refund since this has made the product useless.

Feedback and Knowledge Base