I suggest you ...

Black screens on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,747 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

We are pleased DisplayLink 5.0.1 driver for macOS enables multiple extended display support on the latest Apple macOS 10.14.2 with additional features (clamshell and clone). We continue our strong support for the Mac platform and are working on delivering future updates with further performance improvements.
    Driver 5.0.1: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

If your DisplayLink enabled device does not seem to work on 10.14, this is most likely due to the OS blocking our kernel extension. Please ensure our kernel extension is enabled by the OS as described in our FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1188004

Should you still miss extended displays on latest macOS with latest DisplayLink driver, please create a support ticket so your particular case can be investigated. Here is how: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301

Due to changes in 10.13.4-10.13.6, it is not possible to enable DisplayLink extended displays, except one using Apple AirPlay. If your Mac is from 2011 running 10.13.4-10.13.6 and can’t update to macOS 10.14, you should remain with DisplayLink macOS driver v4.3.1 to enable one extended USB display using AirPlay, with additional displays cloned. An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724
    Audio and Ethernet functionality, where supported, stays unaffected in all versions.

We thank you for your feedback on DisplayLink products that helps us further improve our product offering.

Kind regards,
    Alban

2036 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify... will a Hdmi (or other video) to USB-c work? Meaning, this is a USB deprecation?

• Bekzat Sadykov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why no word about the progress guys? I believe that you're hardly working to find a solution, but why not to just drop a couple of words here like "we are trying to reach out Apple", "We will come around with some new betas" or at least "we have no any progress".
        We understand that it is not your fault only, and we see that whole your business suffers from this OS update. But we are people too, and we are your customers. Just give some respect guys and keep us updated at least once a week please.

• Eamon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

steve i've provided instructions to get back to working before the update. hold steady for now but I don't think this is going to be fixed unfortunately, if you've got usb-c ports try extending those. if not look fot TB2 to hdmi leads.

click on my name to view instructions on how to get back to 10.13.3 but if you've not got a wild setup probably be best to get a TB2 to hdmi

• James Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guys this needs to get fixed. this break occurs at every osx update. i guarantee all of your users are looking into other options at this point.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a 43 inch TCL 4K tv off amazon for $300, and bought the Divvy app for mac for $13. I now have more real estate than I had with 3 external monitors, and using only the HDMI port. There are plenty of ways to dump DL and move on and not all have to cost thousands of $$$.

Could we please get an update on progress. You have been aware of this issue for more than 3 weeks, (24 days at a minimum) now and we have not seen anything to say you are making progress on a solution. Not sure that this really is the highest of priorities. We expect more.

Hello Guys , I am purchase new MAC which came with 10.13.4 default OS. Please do provide the solution to support two display monitor.Its frustrating.

• Kristin Zhivago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide more frequent updates. I unfortunately bought a new Mac Mini recently after the drive on my previous one crashed and (sigh) failed to click the "don't you dare update this sucker without my express permission" box in Preferences on the new Mac.

But, even so - how would we know in advance?

Is there a way we can sign up so you an tell us when this is fixed?

• Math Noortmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would indeed be excellent if this issue could be solved ASAP. Would like to continue to use my two Mac displays in portrait mode in addition to my iMac.

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are now in the last week of April 2018.

Release of 10.13.4 was on March 29, 2018.

What are you guys doing all the time? Are you working on a new driver to make laptop- docks working again? What did you do the last weeks?

We have dozens of laptop-docks in our office. I have one at home. None of them is working anymore with my Mac and external displays (stretched / extended, not cloned).

Please give this a high priority and get it fixed ASAP. AND please get people involved that understand what they are doing. Don't let the trainees do the work cause you want safe money. This is very frustrating for me....

• boron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if you finally do anything for the solution. !!!!!
        Unbeliveable,

• Skata na fate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also a note for the joker below that says that 4k &5k is is not supported anymore, I bought the adapter I told you and I'm connecting to 2x 4k monitors without any problem. If you want to get a raise from DL joker fix the problem and don't play with comments around the web.

• Skata na fate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a thunderbold to 2x displayport adapter from Startech.com and it works like a charm.
        I will NEVER EVER trust DL again and I will try my best no-one that I know will never EVER trust them either.

DL is a scam. A proved scam as they still sell their products without mentioning on any of the sellers website that they are not working with the latest Macos.

SCAM DL!!

• Jim Edelstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotta stop selling products that depend on this, starting to seem like lawsuits are coming any day...

Feedback and Knowledge Base