I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,724 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: September 12th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Users with access to Apple 10.14 Mojave previews released since 30th July confirmed full support was restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays.
    We are performing wide scale testing of v5.0 beta released today against current and upcoming previews to release v5.0 upon general availability of 10.14.
    Driver v5.0 Beta: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=191

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install the newly published v4.3 as the workaround to enable one extended USB display now supports additional resolutions.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3 released today is also applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and other macOS 10.13 versions.
    Driver v4.3: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=190

Some MacBook 2018 models on 10.14 previews may experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor. DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta 6 stays available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines until a fix is distributed.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1812 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this thread was started in Feb. It is now April. Shouldn't there be some resolution coming soon?

• JeffE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for working on the issue...please notify me when a permanent fix is in place.

• Casott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALL,

CalDigit Thunderbolt 2 Station (or TS3, depending on your computer)!!!!! I have both my external screens back. A little bit more expensive, but they are back!!!!!!

• Idiot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please notify me once there is a fix.I have a big problem with this.

• Eamon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

long time customer --- along these lines
        https://serverfault.com/questions/159536/free-pxe-boot-server-for-windows-or-os-x

I think you can send commands to the installation also. I've not got much time, if I did i'd have done a step by step but, this should help you get off to a start, as 50+ machines are a lot to do.

Look into PXE Boots for OSX. I believe using the machines Mac address you can set individual customisations on install.

• aramin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please email me a notification once this issue has been resolved. Many thanks in advance

• Luis Ortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For what it is worth, on my docking station, the 4K port is still operational, so I was able to go back from a mirrored screen to a 2 screen setup. Not my preferred 3 screen option, but better than no extended desktop!

• a user since IIci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I purchased a new external display GeChic On-lap1503H (replacing MB16+ by ASUS depending on DisplayLink driver) and Apple USB-C digital AV multiport adaptor (MJ1K2AM/A), and finally got back to 3 external monitor (totally 4 monitors including the macbookpro itself) setting under 10.13.3 and finally updated to 10.13.4 maintaining the 4 monitor state. About $360+$75 is a cheaper solution than buying eGPU box. Well, in the next update by Apple, this solution might be blocked?!?
        Anyway, bye now. --- from a user since IIci

• thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy! You knew for months this update was coming, it has been here for weeks, and you still have not been able to figure it out.

the loss of productivity for your customers is enormous. You are either to go weeks without having multiple monitors or spend time restoring to a previous OS version.

Wasteful and frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working again here. Thanks DisplayLink.. Love your product.

Had to install Windows on my Macbook, since Apple blows big time.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a week since you posted this and a week that we have all been struggling with our workflows. Don't you think it's time that we had an update from you?

• Hugo Jesus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I am with the same problem, please add me to the email list for updates on the driver, because I bougth the Display Link last week, and today I updated my Macbook, for my real mistake but I want the maintain the Display Link.

Regards,
        Hugo jesus

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excelente

Gracias por estar al pendiente del soporte para sus productos !!

Excelente que esten haciendo soporte postventa

GRACIAS

Feedback and Knowledge Base