I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,429 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: June 20th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

Installing macOS 10.13.4, or newer, will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS update when using DisplayLink driver v4.1. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3 and below.
    Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 currently provides an interim solution with one extended USB display (720p or 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.14 first developer previews, using Apple AirPlay® on machines with that feature. All additional DisplayLink screens will be cloning the primary display.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724
    DisplayLink driver v4.3 beta 5 is available from http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1169

Our team have made further progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS. As daily users of the technology ourselves, we truly understand how disruptive this loss of functionality affecting the ecosystem can be.
    We have had positive developments on being able to communicate a roll out plan for this long term fix, but for the time being remain unable to provide a time-frame or a date for release of this solution.
    Resolving this issue remains the highest priority for us and we will continue to provide regular updates as we move towards this.

Thank you for your extended patience. We appreciate your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1485 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I can flag as inappropriate the DisplayLink answer and behavior in this topic? This is the biggest joke ever, 5 days (and some weeks of beta os before...) and you cannot deliver even an Alpha version to make this work.
        5 days and you are not giving an ETA.
        5 days of NOTHING!

You are the biggest joke in history! Our company is having serious productivity issues with your lack of knowledge of solving problems and your unbelievable statements that suggests people and especially developers to stay in an older OS version when the newest one solves critical security issues!

Jokers!

• Karim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I updated yesterday and I immediately regret this decision. I'm unable to work like this. Please give us an update asap. Thanks!

• Matt Behnken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm using chromecast dvi to female hdmi adapter with cast tab in the meantime. One chrome tab is better than nothing :)

• Žygimantas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No worries. I used linux before mac. When migrated from windows to linux I waited about 3 years for displaylink to release linux drivers for usb3 devices. Fix will happen eventually just stay positive. First year is hardest :)

• David Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After four days following Apple's release of OS X v10.13.4, aside from the obligatory but otherwise useless "We're aware of the problem..." post from "Product Manager Wim" on 3/30, not one single status report pertaining to the resolution of the driver issue has been forthcoming. At this point, I'm seriously questioning whether anyone in DisplayLink tech support is monitoring this thread. I've lost several hours in productivity over the past two days because of this issue and, from the number of other complaints on this thread, I seem to have quite a bit of company. If you have an ETA for releasing a driver patch, please share that information with us. If you don't, then kindly tell us so that we can evaluate alternative solutions. I look forward to the courtesy of an immediate reply. Thank you.

• Ian Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please publish an ETA. My customers wouldn't let me break something critical without a fix date. And if it was broken on the 10.13.4 beta as it seems you have zero excuse.

Hopefully a fix is coming soon. I don't know how to work without the extra monitor anymore. Is this a problem that has to be addressed by Apple. I just want to know whats going on.

• David Ibrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These comments are hilarious. Go fix it yourself or maybe do research before updating?! Insulting them and shaming them won't do anything. YOU'RE using their product, YOU depend on them, be nice about it or get out!

Please provide an update on when a fix will be released. I purchased a monitor that relies on this technology so I could use the second monitor as an extended display. Clone mode is useless.

This whole issue is unacceptable, but what's even more unacceptable is the lack of information being provided to your clients. We deserve to be kept in the loop.

• Richard McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys - yet another unhappy customer here. Please give the fix the highest priority. You've made my additional displays essentially useless.

thanks for putting this as your highest priority , we will be looking forward for more updates from you soon.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Displaylink, you've known about a problem with 10.13.4 and blank Displaylink displays for about two months!!!

Why didn't you alert everyone BEFORE they upgraded to 10.13.4???

I'm forced to lose my third monitor until you get this sorted out.???

Very poor support practice, shame on you.

• Cavan Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the DisplayLink Twitter feed is pretty dead to be honest. They don't seem to tweet or answer questions.

Hopefully it's because they're working on a fix.

A comment from Wim on when it will be available would be appreciated.

• Jon Coley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click the Tweet button and change it to say, Is a fix coming soon? Maybe they'll respond to that?!

• jj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hopefully I can get fix before launching of 10.14.0 in the future.

• BP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No excuse for this when Apple gives you plenty of time to test.
        How about a solution or some type of update on to when to expect a fix?!?!

• Juan Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding myself to the list of frustrated customers that have been affected by a clear lack of planning.
        Please don't add to the problem by a lack of communication.

Feedback and Knowledge Base