I suggest you ...

Black screens on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,747 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

We are pleased DisplayLink 5.0.1 driver for macOS enables multiple extended display support on the latest Apple macOS 10.14.2 with additional features (clamshell and clone). We continue our strong support for the Mac platform and are working on delivering future updates with further performance improvements.
    Driver 5.0.1: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

If your DisplayLink enabled device does not seem to work on 10.14, this is most likely due to the OS blocking our kernel extension. Please ensure our kernel extension is enabled by the OS as described in our FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1188004

Should you still miss extended displays on latest macOS with latest DisplayLink driver, please create a support ticket so your particular case can be investigated. Here is how: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301

Due to changes in 10.13.4-10.13.6, it is not possible to enable DisplayLink extended displays, except one using Apple AirPlay. If your Mac is from 2011 running 10.13.4-10.13.6 and can’t update to macOS 10.14, you should remain with DisplayLink macOS driver v4.3.1 to enable one extended USB display using AirPlay, with additional displays cloned. An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724
    Audio and Ethernet functionality, where supported, stays unaffected in all versions.

We thank you for your feedback on DisplayLink products that helps us further improve our product offering.

Kind regards,
    Alban

2036 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LVS1008 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you give us clear guideline and say you cannot fix this issue, then we can get on without lives and buy new hardware. Else i am checking this site every day at the moment.

• Dario Ramaglia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone find a solution for a Mac Mini 2012 with third monitor? I think it has TB1 not TB2. I'm on 10.13.3 now running 1 HDMI, 1TB to HDMI, 1 USBtoHDMI displaylink device.

With a solution I mean some device to buy :)

Thanks in advance guys.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of your client have thrust in your company but if you can't give a solutions for this update soon your products will not be sold to this group again.. A software company who can't fix their software problems.. Not really trustworthy.

• Marco Estrada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Duet already found a turn arround, using air display, seems macOS changed the architecture, I hope you can find a solution soon.,

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update please - this is such a huge inconvenience and I was not aware of this until after the upgrade and boom my screen was blank. Cloning is of no use whatsoever. Has anyone come up with an alternative solution themselves. Is there another download with another company to allow use of tow screens? Thank you

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to help with this issue:

- USB C to DP can be connected with a cable
        - USB C to HDMI needs an adapter
        - TB 2 to Dual DP does not exists
        - TB 3 to Dual DP works
        - DP to Dual DP needs MST protocol and Apple does not support it

Hope be helpful

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on team -- this is taking way too long!
        Perhaps a refund is in order?

• Collin Ramphal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a serious issue hurting many people's productivity level. Something like this should never happen. You should have beta testers for every OS to ensure issues like this is resolved beforehand. Most people will not know of this issue until after they've updated, then it's too late. It's also a shame that MAC OS doesn't have a simple rollback option like Windows does. I've waited weeks for a fix and still nothing, just a "hope this helps" mirroring driver that is useless. now I'm forced to spend hundreds again to remedy this situation in my company. It's a shame.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this? It looks like it's been around for a while. Now that I've updated to 10.13.4 my DisplayLink is basically garbage.

• Gail Welch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clark - yes I do have a displayport on both my monitors - woo hoo - THANKYOU! I will try the ThunderBolt 2 to Dual DisplayPort adapter - a much simpler solution - who knew!!!

THANKYOU:-)

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, could we please get an update on the status of this issue?
        Has anyone tried the 10.13.5 beta yet to see if this has been addressed by Apple?

• Mark Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is appalling. I have invested considerable amount of money in a piece of Tech that is advertised as working based on this chipset, only to find out it is not fit for purpose.
        An update on a fix allowing extended desktop functionality is needed here.
        Very disappointed in this product

• Stephen Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello guys, I love your product but would really appreciate an update on the news every week. I invested a lot in my setup which heavily relies on your product. Please keep us in the loop.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding to the chorus here, I'd like to reboot back into OSX instead of being stuck in Win10 during the work day since its the only way to get my multi-monitors to work :/

• Erle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add my voice to the chorus of frustrated customers. That there's no patch or solution yet here is unbelievable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base