I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,750 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1976 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DisappointedOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Max and others who have 2018 MBP and its working for you, Can you please give the steps you took to make it work? I have MBP 2018 with Dell D6000 and its not working for me. Its only working with AirPlay mode. I would appreciate any help very much.

Thank you

• David Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still don't understand why DisplayLink didn't see this coming and when there is a developer pre-release of each Mac OS. This level of business discontinuity isn't what I expect from a usually reliable company.

• Alan Ho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MacBookPro14,3 on Mojave10.14, had tried both drivers v5.0 & v4.3 Beta 6, external LCD is detected but no signal.

Anyone here using the same model as me and able to use external display?

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After uninstall 4.3, update to Mojave and install Version 5 of Displaylink, all works fine now, after "painful airplay months"

2018 Mac book pro / touchbar
        2x 27" BenQ Monitors

• Make Displaylink Great Again commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2018 Mac book pro w touchbar - Upgraded to Mojave, used display link download to uninstall and re-install drivers. Everything seems to be working again for me.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running MacOs 10.13.6 Mojave on a MacBook. I have 2 monitors. Neither of them is detected currently. Help? Please? My work depends on this #selfemployed

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please release an update which allows for more than one additional monitor for macOS 10.13.6. My work pushed an update which upgraded me to 10.13.6 and now I can only use one of my 2 external monitors.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I'm completely frustrated with Auvio, they're still working, I've done everything they say and my munitor is not seen.

When they will have something that works it has been months, if not well, almost a year waiting and I still can not work with this auvio.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MacOS Mojave on MBP 2013, DL driver 5.0... cannot get clamshell mode to work. Can anyone help explain what I might be doing wrong? I've got two external monitors, but I want to be able to work in clamshell, and right now it's not working.

Thanks!

• chris maister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

I have got the following issue regarding the DisplayLink for connecting two external monitors on my Macbook.

I have bought a USB adapter from a company called Ugreen in order to sync up one of my two displays via USB port. I have tried any possible way based on the article about Users of 10.13.4-10.13.6 should use v4.3 and I can not figure it out. I have already been in touch with the company's customer support but they can not help me out.

Somehow it seems that the device does not work on my Macbook although I can see it on my USB bus.

Could anyone please help me with this?

My set up is a MacBook mid-2012 running a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Best,
        Chris

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since updating to Mac OS 10.14, my 2017 15" MacBook Pro becomes unresponsive when I plug in either or both of my two LG Ultrafine 4k monitors. The plugged in monitor stays black, and while I am able to move the cursor around on the MacBook's built in display, it will not respond to clicks or key presses until I unplug the monitor.

I've tried installing/uninstalling/reinstalling both the 4.3 and 5.0 drivers to no avail.

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately didn't work out with

- DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for macOS 5.0 24 Sep 2018
        - Mojave 10.14
        - MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015
        - Asus ZenScreen MB16AC - Usb-C IPS Monitor

Result:

Black Screen
        No Cursor

Checked

I've tried the 'Adrian Workaround'.... unfortunately it didn't worked out for me :(

Adrian Workaround

- I uninstalled the driver, rebooted.
        - Prior to installing the driver I opened the Security & Privacy/General.
        - Entered in my admin credentials then initiated the DisplayLink driver install.
        - The Allow option appears. Select it
        - Reboot and low and behold.

Followed the 'mouse cursor only' as well... No succes!

The result:

- Black screen...
        - No Arrangement tab in display settings

Any clues .... ?

JB

• W. Heisenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how relevant this might be to others, but my issue was the same after upgrading my MBP Mid 2012 to Mojave my USB/VGA adapter was not working at all. Even after removing the drivers and reinstalling them, nothing worked. I decided to try a different adapter, USB-HDMI from a different vendor but with the same chip from DL, just to see if there was a difference, the adapter worked right away!

Anyways, great job Display Link i know i was waiting for about 9 months to get this working again, hope this does not happen again ;)

• Hervé van Wayenberge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great work on Mojave. Only issues I have are about the way screen is displayed. When lid is closed and laptop sleeps, connecting the docking is waking it up perfectly but external monitor does not show login screen (considered as second instead of becoming primary).
        Second issue, is with the unlock with apple watch feature what does not work when the docking is connected claiming that the "screen is being shared".
        Both situations suggests that the screen is still woking in a sharing mode instead of real external monitor.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just updated to macOS 10.14 Mojave and installed DisplayLink driver v5.0 and still don't have anything. Late 2014 Mac Mini.

I'm not getting a popup or notification in Security & Privacy about the software being blocked, so I can't allow it. Is this a known issue?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MBP 2018 with ****** and Driver v5.0 results in ***** screen with cursor. Workaround suggested by ****** below did not resolve this issue. Downgrading to driver 4.3 Beta 6 allows only 1 extra display in AirPlay mode. For a product that costs $180 this is pretty unacceptable. What is the ETA for a fix?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just read the release note for 5.0 driver and it looks like this is a known issue.

"DisplayLink screens are black with only mouse cursor visible on MacBook Pro 2018 with initial macOS 10.14.0. (28503)"

Feedback and Knowledge Base