I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,760 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

2001 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the kind of bug that will force me to replace your equipment and not purchase additional equipment as we onboard people if not patched quickly. This should've been resolved long before 10.13.4 was publicly released, especially since it has been known since February. We'll give you a few days and then we will be forced to move to other solutions.

I also have three monitors and work in a fast paced changing environment. This has dramatically impacted my ability to work and "cloning" monitors isn't the answer . I would really appreciate an update as to an ETA for the fix

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand, and thank you for the information.

However the reality is that I work in a very fast paced, customer support role and use 3 monitors in my workflow daily. This has really impacted my performance and I would greatly appreciate a speedy resolution to the problem. Until this is resolved my workflow will continue to be negatively impacted so may I ask for your upmost speed in fixing this issue for everyone as fast as humanly possible.

• Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not knowing what would happen, I installed OSX 10.13.4. Naturally, your display went blank. I then found and installed your "DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for OS X and macOS 4.3". The display connected with a DisplayLink now works, but 1) it simply clones my laptop, which is only partly helpful, and 2) it is low resolution & blurry. Please fix these problems ASAP or suggest a work-around.

Regards
        Arthur

Now you

• Melum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm losing my money because of this problem! Please do something as soon as possible!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge issue for many people, it completely broke my ability to use external displays at my job due to the setup in a NGW workspace and the need for DisplayLink connections to use those external monitors. I also wish I had known this would happen as I would not have upgraded to 10.13.4 just yet. But now its done and I don't want to downgrade my OS just as a workaround for a hopefully temporary issue. Some type of ETA or at least explanation of what broke would be nice, in the mean time it looks like I'll have to start carrying around extra adapters and HDMI cables now, which sucks!

• Peter T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately 4.3 is unusable, it keeps losing connection.
        I hope you come out with an update soon for 10.13.4.
        Additionally, there are still a lot of bugs with 10.12.6, and I'm now hesitant to upgrade my users to 10.13.4 until this fixed.
        I appreciate your help.

• fred.laxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Displaylink, you've known about a problem with 10.13.4 and blank Displaylink displays for about two months. I see reports of problems with 10.13.4 beta in the support forums from early February. Why didn't you alert everyone BEFORE they upgraded to 10.13.4? It would be a huge hassle and disruptive to my business to go back to 10.13.3, so now I'm forced to lose my third monitor until you get this sorted out. Very poor support practice. You should have proactively notified everyone in advance of the 10.13.4 release!

• Josh P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

10.13 has been out for awhile, driverless docks work fine.

Can you stop blaming Apple and solve your 3rd party driver?

Can’t you just disable your chipset and allow the dock to function as passthru?

This is costing us thousands of dollars a day.

Ps: at least you fixed aero bug on the win beta

I too wish I had known about this before I updated....the clones is useless as I got DisplayLink and Landing Zone for my Mac Air to work on multiple monitors. Please hurry!

I wish I had known about this BEFORE i updated to 10.13.4....now in clone mode which is awful to work with. Hopefully you can get this fixed very very soon...like Monday of next week.

• Iain W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know it's risky to promise dates for releases but this has devastated my productivity. Could you perhaps let us know if the update to allow extend mode is forthcoming in a matter of days (or weeks or months). If it's the latter, it would be good to know so we can move on to other solutions. I'm sure many people are anyway so if it's a matter of days or weeks some of us might consider waiting. Since this was a known issue in beta hopefully you planned accordingly and are just a little late getting the updated drivers out?

• fred.laxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Displaylink, you've known about a problem with 10.13.4 and blank Displaylink displays for about two months. I see reports of problems with 10.13.4 beta in the support forums from early February. Why didn't you alert everyone BEFORE they upgraded to 10.13.4? It would be a huge hassle and disruptive to my business to go back to 10.13.3, so now I'm forced to lose my third monitor until you get this sorted out. Very poor support practice. You should have proactively notified everyone in advance of the 10.13.4 release!

• An angry developer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This renders machines potentially insecure while we wait for an alpha build? Ya had a year to get the beta right. Sorry excuse for a hardware company, even sorrier on the software end. Worst cost cut ever was choosing your junk over real products with talented devs.

• Bassfly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got the same Problem after the official Update to 10.13.4.
        Any solution is welcome, or do we have to wait for the next driver update?

Feedback and Knowledge Base