I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,760 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: November 5th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and 10.13.6.

macOS 10.14 Mojave with DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 allows you to run up to 4 extended displays with now optional clamshell and mirror modes. Support for rotated displays is also improved.
    DisplayLink driver v5.0.1 is applicable to macOS 10.14 only.
    Driver v5.0.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1257

Should you experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor on 10.14. We recommend you use macOS 10.14.2 Beta 1 or newer. We have also left DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines if you cannot update to 10.14.2 Beta 1 with DisplayLink driver 5.0.1.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install v4.3.1 for one extended USB display with multiple resolutions through an additional menu via Apple AirPlay.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3.1 is applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and macOS 10.13.
    Driver v4.3.1: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1251
    FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/1854724

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

2001 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DisappointedOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just ordered the Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 dock that supports the peripherals without being dependent on DisplayLink. Its on sale on Amazon at a very decent price. Will test it out today when I get it and see how it goes.

• KHI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inkscape problem – "page property" dialog box does not open.

I am running Mojave 10,14 and DLink 5.01. With DLink display, this dialog box of Inkscape does not open. Inkscape is v 0.92.2 and XQuartz version is 2.7.11.

I did not have this problem with the previous DLink driver that used AirPlay. When I disconnect my USB DLink display, the dialog correctly appears.

For this reason, I think some bug in the new DLink driver is the reason for the problem.

• Pekka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DisappointedOne, as I've understood DisplayLink has done what they can to fix the issue. What is left Apple has to fix the bug on OS X side to add support for newer Macbook's hardware. I interpreted that the OS X fix already exists too but Apple hasn't distributed it yet.

• rostow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5.0.1 not working on a Macbook Air Mid-2013 with Mojave 10.14 (I'm using a Dell D3100). The external monitor lights up with a black screen. Mouse cursor not present either.

Previously I had it working with 4.3 Beta 6 but after a restart graphics stopped working (no updates whatsoever). I then decided to install 5.0.1 but it hasn't fixed the problem. USB, LAN etc working without problems though.

@Alban, are you saying that 5.0.0/5.0.1 fixes the problem for 2018 MBP? It does not look like it as many have tried both the version and we all see the black screens with just a mouse cursor and nothing else.

Please tell me there will be another release that will fix this issue.

• Andy Piper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm that 5.0.1 does not fix the MBP 2018 problems - our users who have tried it still have black screen with only the mouse showing.

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Mac mini (Mid 2010) running OS 10.13.6, and one DisplayLink Adapter with the 4.3 version. In attempting to set this up, I realized that there is no AirPlay on my Mac Mini. Is there any way to get the driver for 10.13.6 so that it will work without AirPlay which is not supported on my Mac Mini?

@Keegan, thank you.

Seriously this is so disappointing. I fail to understand why DL is not fixing it or perhaps they dont want to. I think I just need to buy the Plugable dock from Amazon, though its expensive but its reliable.

• Keegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DisappointedOne nope :( 5.0.1 does not fix black screen with cursor issue on my 13" 2018 Macbook Pro. (Model: 15,2)

Does 5.0.1 not fix the MacBook Pro 2018 issue? I haven't tried it since I am at work and do not have access to my MBP. Its would be so disappointing if it did not support 2018. Can you confirm please?

• Mykl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alban: Do you have any idea when to expect displaylink 5.x.x with support for MacBook PRO 2018 is released.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha... 5.0 works fine for me. I'm leaving well enough alone. Going after the latest release left me w/o external monitors for months... I learned my lesson. Keep your 5.1 release.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are u kidding us ????
        MacDriver 5.0.1. WITHOUT MB 2018 Support??????
        Jesus Christ.....

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an update to my post on October 8, 2018 @7:33pm I'd like to add that when looking inside the Activity Monitor the DisplyLinkUserAgent is shown as "Not Responding". SO the program is hanging which is *possibly* why the monitors are not being recognized.

• DisapointedOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alban Rampon, can we please have some ETA when the new version will be released for MBP 2018? You say that you guys have a fix, lets go ahead and release it please. If its going to take months then please let us know so we can move on with our lives with something more stable.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 Display Link USB 3.0 to DVI Adapters (Product ID 0x4300 Version 36.07) connected to my Mac Pro Mid 2012 (via the native USB front ports), I have just updated from Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.6 and I cannot get the displays to function.

I have installed latest appropriate driver v4.3, and have also gone to the Security Preferences and "allowed the App to control my computer" under the Privacy tab, and have also added exemptions for the DisplayLink User Agent, the DisplayLink Manager in the FIrewall, all as recommended in the FAQ.

I have an ATI Radeon HD5770 video card installed that supports up to 8 monitors and am currently using their Web Driver as opposed to the Default macOS Graphics Driver.

Before updating the OS everything was working perfectly fine.

• Griswald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mojave + v5 driver works great with my config. I followed others advice by uninstalling beta driver before installing mojave, then installed v5.

Macbook pro early 2015 13"
        1 monitor via HDMI on Targus usb 3 dual video smart dock

• Keegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alban Rampon can you please clarify if the fix for 2018 MBP is on DisplayLink's side or Apple's?

Feedback and Knowledge Base