I suggest you ...

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+ and Mojave 10.14 Early Previews

The driver (DisplayLink Installer 4.1.11) doesn't work anymore withe macOS High Sierra bêta 10.13.4 (17E139) and newer.

2,724 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TOULEMONDE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: September 12th
    Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

DisplayLink has worked for many months to maintain support for its users during the transition from macOS High Sierra to Mojave. While functionality such as Ethernet and audio or charging, where implemented, is unaffected on all releases, display connectivity has been limited on macOS releases from 10.13.4 through 10.13.6.

Users with access to Apple 10.14 Mojave previews released since 30th July confirmed full support was restored for multiple extended DisplayLink displays.
    We are performing wide scale testing of v5.0 beta released today against current and upcoming previews to release v5.0 upon general availability of 10.14.
    Driver v5.0 Beta: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=191

Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install the newly published v4.3 as the workaround to enable one extended USB display now supports additional resolutions.
    An FAQ details how to enable Apple AirPlay with DisplayLink display for extend or mirror mode.
    DisplayLink driver v4.3 released today is also applicable to Mac OS X 10.12 and other macOS 10.13 versions.
    Driver v4.3: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=190

Some MacBook 2018 models on 10.14 previews may experience black extended display(s) with only mouse cursor. DisplayLink driver v4.3 Beta 6 stays available to force an AirPlay extended display on these machines until a fix is distributed.
    Driver v4.3 Beta 6: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1184

We thank you for your extended patience, we continue to value your feedback and support.

Kind regards,
    Alban

1812 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a workaround if you don't have airplay on your mbp? 4.3 driver does not work for me since I don't have airplay... DOH! Would appreciate that it would since I recently upgrade parts for this mbp. Sigh...

• Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still doesn't work on Beta 10, with v5.0 Beta. Still get the single external display mirrored on both external monitors, essentially laptop + 1 monitor (x 2)

• Mattia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Dell D6000 still doesn't works with macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A389) and DisplayLink v5 Drivers

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the most recent driver, beta 6 for Mojave and I was not able to extend to multiple displays unless I turned on "AirPlay Display" to DisplayLink. I was then able to extend to my second display through my Dell D6000 USB 3.0/USB C dock. But it still mirrored the laptop display on the first display. I reverted back to the beta 5 driver and it is now working again with 3 independent displays - laptop, and 2 external displays over Display Port.

I think I will stay on the beta 5 driver till we are able to do full display extension without AirPlay. I appreciate the work your company is putting into the project though. It is much appreciated!

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a solution to the problem, and will likely waste people's time in a big way.

Why even distribute these half-baked drivers?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those looking for pre 10.13.6 ISOs here is only one that I've found using http (torrent has 10.13.0 and .1 as well). I was unable to find a standalone install for 10.13.3 and will have to apply combo update available at Apple's website instead.

ISOs: https://linux-video-tutorials.blogspot.com/2017/12/download-macos-high-sierra-10-13-1-iso-mac-vmware-virtualbox.html

SHA comparison to official releases at https://github.com/notpeter/apple-installer-checksums (both match exactly 10.13.1 (17B48) ):

$ shasum /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
        d815748c242fbbe35754a8f37aea1cfbc7e919f6

$ shasum /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg
        b38e5f4daa014d324f1a78f91c1f30f6d68289ef

UPDATE 10.13.0-10.13.3: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1953?locale=en_GB

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have macOS 10.13.6 on a 2-016 MacBook Air and it's just not working. Super annoyed. ANy suggestions?!

• Matthieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My setup working with the Beta 3 version does not work anymore on the final version :
        Mac Book Pro Touchbar 2016/2017
        High SIerra 10.13.6
        DP on Dell Dock thought UsbC
        DP on Dell Hub thought UsbC

With beta3 I could use 2 external screens + built-in, and now only 1 external screen + built-in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded the new 4.3 for my macbook air....and my second monitor thinks it's in the restart mode. I have a Landing Zone Docking Station with two monitors....one hooked via Thunderbolt and the others via a USB 3.0 connection. Any suggestions to get the other Monitor at least up with duplicate display?

Does anyone have an untouched image of 10.13.3? If so could you upload and let us know where we can download it please? I cannot find it anywhere and other sources look dodgy. Cheers, David : d s a d o w s k [at] g m a i l [dot] c-o-m

Yeah... just found out Apple has dropped support in Mojave for my late 2011 MBP 17" i7 QC, 16GB RAM and 1GB GP which is more than enough capable to handle the OS... I'm so fed up with Apple! Stating they're "environmentally friendly" is pure hypocrisy as their marketing naughty practices to force users to throw away perfectly working machines prove different. Reverting back to 10.13.3 and will stick with it until apps stop working completely - am not getting fooled by this nonsense company anymore.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone explain how they managed it to extend to 2 external displays?
        Is it permanent or a shitty solution which will be closed from Apple in a few weeks?

Thanks

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue as Zax:

"After updating to MacOS Mojave version 10.14 Beta (18A384a) and DisplayLink v4.3 beta to try and use two external displays, I can confirm that the "Arrangement" tab comes back and that my laptop recognizes both external monitors and the laptop display at the same time. However, both monitors are always black. The cursor still moves across all three screens, but that's about it.

If you select mirror mode, then select "Gather Windows," and then change the external monitors' "Optimize for:" option to "Built-in Retina Display," you can get mirror mode to work nearly properly (there's occasional minor flicker), but still no solution for other modes (e.g. where each display is independently able to host windows). Is there any fix for this?"

• Amador commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No update since July, 30th? Really? Unacceptable.
        Sirs, you are one step away from loosing all your Mac Customers.
        Bad, really bad....

• Roger Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Kay. I posted the comment about the beta driver and Mojave working with three displays on my Mac Mini. I just wanted to point out that I'm driving two displays from the Mini (via HDMI and Thunderbolt 2 ports) and one via a DisplayLink USB3 to DVI. I'm not using multiple DisplayLink adapters so if that's what you're attempting I don't know if it will work.

• Neil Burgoyne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Probably the worst decision we've ever made going with the Targus Dock's that use the DisplayLink drivers, our execs and management cannot understand how the issue hasn't been resolved yet. What we find appalling is the advice to remain on macOS 10.13.3 - our fleet of Macs shipped with 10.13.4, 10.13.5 and now 10.13.6
        Choose another option people and stop supporting this company.

• Jim Cockell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just downloaded the Mojave beta and DL extended display is working properly again. Yes, it took too long. Enough sniping already!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we've hit the 7 month anniversary on this defect getting filed! Happy anniversary everyone!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 90 91

Feedback and Knowledge Base