Skip to content

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

41 results found

1. Support for Dell XPS in Ubuntu 16.10

It seems to me that many people are reporting instability issues for Ubuntu 16.10 using the latest 1.2.65 driver. Severe instabilities occur for certain types of hardware that was supported in Ubuntu 16.04.

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9343) and DL-3100. The screen keeps disappearing and re-appearing. It happens really randomly and sometimes many times per minute, other times it might be once per 20 minute. The displays go to black and everything crashes. It crashes often, but not always. This makes the applications stuck to that display crash as well. It is very poor performance (lag/hanging/high CPU usage)…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Wim responded

Ubuntu 16.10 is now end of life, (since July 2017) so we do not plan any further changes for this version of Ubuntu.

2. Support Ubuntu 19.10

Ubuntu 19.04 reached end of life on 23 January 2020, however, upgrading beyond 19.04 breaks DisplayLink functionality.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better Mac OS X support

Better Mac OS X support

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This needs a better description as to specific issues on Mac that need addressing. Some issues are already documented and being worked on by DisplayLink. as documented in knowledgebase articles.

4. Support Ubuntu 17.04

Ubuntu 17.04 is not supported. I'm using a Dell D6000 docking station.
    Network and USBs work, but headphones, monitors don't.

Also the current release cannot be installed without disabling Secure Boot.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ubuntu 17.04 is now end of life, (since Jan 2018) so we do not plan any further changes for this version of Ubuntu.

5. Do not update to DisplayLink version 7.9M3 on Windows 10, your displays will stop functioning.

DisplayLink just auto updated to version 7.9M3 on Windows 10. My displays stopped functioning and would not start working again, even though the dock was properly recognized in Device Manager. Uninstall current version and return to version 7.9M2 and your displays will begin working again. DisplayLink needs to address this issue.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

V7.9 M3 is required to be compatible with the latest Intel and NVIDIA graphics drivers on Windows 10.

If you are having issues, please let us know through the contact area of the support site, including as much information as possible and your DisplayLink log files so we can look into it further.

6. phone number

How about you including a phone number so we can call you?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Telephone technical support is offered by the device manufacturers. DisplayLink is unable to offer telephone support and instead offers support through forums and emails.

I must highlight that in most cases for DisplayLink driver investigation, telephone support would NOT be helpful as log file analysis and/or consultation with engineering are necessary. Similarly, remote desktop or other remote control tool would not be more helpful as we would not see what is actually on the screen itself.

7. DisplayLink doesnt work at all with Ventura 13.4.1. Macbook PRO M2 - Neither on displayport nor hdmi... no signal to screen.

when I plug USBC into macbook pro M2 ventura 13.4.1. hub Dell D6000 nothing is happen.

Screen Recording is Enabled. Used external devices is also enabled...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For individual assistance requests, please use the FAQ: https://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/755301. The FAQ details the information our agent will need to promptly assist you.

This idea board for new features does not allow individual contacts. Note that some of the comments in this idea are not using DisplayLink products. DisplayLink technology work with software in the computer and DisplayLink chip in the docking station.

8. Android: support for Lenovo and Anker USB-C hubs

Android support for Lenovo and Anker USB-C hubs, such as the Lenovo C107 and Anker A8342.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Build a DispalyLink KVM!

Basically what I would like is a KVM that uses displaylink.. so only requires a single USB lead from the KVM to each host (4 or 8 hosts please), and a couple of USB's on the KVM.. one for a displaylink USB monitor, and one each for keyboard and mouse, perhaps a fourth for a usb hub if needed.

Send video keyboard and mouse down the one usb lead.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea, but this is not something specific for DisplayLink to do.

This would be a product built by a DisplayLink partner who would take the DisplayLink technology and build a KVM around it.

10. fix the random logout issue with Displaylink on a Macbook pro

My idea is that the driver is usable without logging me out because the display server crashes on my MBP. This happens once or twice a week causing me to lose work, get disconnected from meetings, etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This requires fixes from Apple on later versions of OS X.The crashes do not occur on 10.8, even though it is the same driver.

11. Sales Support improvements

Get better customer service and sales support at Display Link. Dealing with voice mails and forms is a waste if time. Do any humans work for this company!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink does NOT design, manufacture, distribute or sell any end product. DisplayLink is a semiconductor company. We are delighted to provide email support as debugging graphics issues are impossible by phone as we need data for a diagnosis.

The assistance for installation, and sales support, is coming from the product manufacturer and the seller as they know best the product they decided to build.

12. I want to use displaylink in Android kitket.

Hello.
    Used properly, in my displaylink in the Android Lollipop. I want to use displaylink in Android kitket.
    Do you have plans to support Android kitket?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement OS-X driver as a real screen, rather than a barely-configurable AirPlay display.

I have a dual-screen DisplayLink dock. When I plug it in, I have to explicitly enable it as an AirPlay target, and set "it"* to be used as a separate display.

Even when I do this, one of the displays refuses to be not-a-mirror, and I have to use SwitchResX to coerce my built-in retina display to use my external screen's native resolution.

Seriously, just get a dual-screen dock and a MacBook Pro and see what I mean. It's terrible.

• "it" makes little sense, as there are two screens attached - but there's still just one AirPlay target
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AirPlay API doesn’t enable rotation. There isn’t more we are able to achieve on 10.13 last builds without OS changes.
    The more adequate API was re-featured in 10.14 Mojave and we have been able to avoid AirPlay API and come back to a better feature set, including rotation. We are also improving on that feature set.

14. Main display taskbar setting issues with surface pro3

On my surface pro 3/win10 with a toshiba dynadock the right side of the taskbar (notifications/time/etc) always has it displaying on the surface pro3 screen even tho when i go into display settings it shows that one of my external monitors is the main display.

If I make the surface screen the main screen and then switch it back to an external screen then the external screen will have the correct taskbar functions.

If I change it to another external display then that display will not display it correctly and if i switch it back to the original main one…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Having investigated this, it looks to be specific to Windows on the SP3.

DisplayLink drivers and software make no changes to the position of the task bar. The OS certainly thinks that the DisplayLink display is the primary monitor, but does not always move the task bar to reflect this.

There is nothing DisplayLink can do to change this behaviour.

15. Previous versions of DisplayLink Software

Windows version 8.1 M0 is missing from the Windows Driver Downloads Page under Previous Versions of DisplayLink Software.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. command to switch display model

command to switch display model,like to switch close model, switch to expand model,switch to mirror model

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible using the standard Windows APIs. It is forbidden for a graphics driver to change layout and it will make it fail qualification. When a driver is not qualified, it is not Microsoft signed and cannot be on Windows Update.

17. (Bug) a part of window put on between two monitors is invisible !! (Yosemite)

Bug report (Yosemite)

When I move a window from a monitor to "between" two monitors,

Ver 2.3 to be invisible "destination side" window
    Ver 2.4b1 to be invisible "source side" window

This is serious bug, so please improve at once.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See the comment from Carlo on this being an OS X feature, which can be disabled.

18. touchscreen support

The screen connected to my displaylink device (Toshiba dynadock) is touchscreen capable. It works beautifully with my Windows laptops but when I connect my Nexus android tablet to the dynadock, the touchscreen capabilities of my screen are ignored.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The touch screen controllers are separate from DisplayLink and there is no touch screen technology built into our ICs.

Touch screen support is enabled by customers integrating DisplayLink and a touch screen controller into the same product.

This means that the drivers for the touch screen controller differ between products and are not part of the DisplayLink driver.

For touch support on Android, the touch screen drivers would need to be integrated into the Android OS, and this is not something DisplayLink can do as we do not own the OS on phones or tablets.

19. I need full OpenGL-Support

I need full OpenGL-Support,

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)