or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, the optimus card requires the closed source drivers. Extremely disappointing! such a waste of money.

• Donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have the optimus card which requires the closed source drivers.
        When will this be available? I have effectively wasted my money buying this device (which is not exactly cheap) - very disappointing!

• Amotz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my machine it seems related to not detecting nvidia on /dev/fb0 and try to use it instead of /dev/fb1.
        Though the relevant code might be in https://github.com/DisplayLink/evdi/blob/devel/module/evdi_fb.c, it is hard to understand how it is used and debug without the rest of the driver.
        Do you already know more on this issue? Is there an opened ticket with more information, or a tester to recreate the issue without the proprietary driver?

(I'm with Linux-4.4.0-57-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial, EVDI 1.2.64, Plugable UGA-4KDP, and Nvidia GT216GLM nvidia-340.98)

• Ahanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also interested in finding out whether DisplayLink support is added along with nvidia properitory drivers in Linux. I am using Ubuntu LTS 16.04.1.

• js567 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support for the official nvidia driver is really important because the maxwell based graphics cards do not really work with the nouveau driver.

• Amias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my laptop has an optimus configuration where an intel and ndivia gpu work together, this to me says your product should be able to work copying the data. You don't have to write this driver you just need to stop preventing people from doing so by not giving the right info.

Feedback and Knowledge Base