I suggest you...

Support f.lux on Windows

Flux will reduce the amount of blue light emitted by the screen which aids going to bed. As it stands, there is no support for color calibration to DisplayLink connected monitors. DCC/CI commands are supported, but there are issues that make it not a viable solution (http://superuser.com/questions/257606/is-there-a-work-around-to-configure-brightness-or-color-on-a-displaylink-monitor).

791 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew MacleanMatthew Maclean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Felix, colour correction and contrast are different. From our 8.0 Beta 4, you are able to use applications like ScreenBright to change the contrast settings via the computer.

Colour correction is totally different, as f.lux states in their online contributions. The feature is currently on the roadmap for the devices which have the horsepower to handle it. Device with a USB Product ID starting with 0x0 will never be able to support it because, unlike brightness or contrast which are just a command to send, colour correction requires the device to compute.

• FelixFelix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 I'm using a Monitor via a USB 3.0 DisplayLink adapter and DVI. So I can't do any contrast adjustments directly in the monitors menu because it's greyed out. I really need a color correction directly in the DisplayLink driver.

• JacobJacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would enjoy having Flux support for Displaylink. Hopefully this can be added into the 8.0 update.

• Drew BDrew B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - I've used F.lux for many years and I've just invested in a DisplayLink and it's lovely but it won't support colour calibration and hence F.lux.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes absolutely a must have; flux works nicely on my thinkpad's built in screen but not support via my Dell USB portreplicator with displaylink.

• JeromeAJeromeA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Apple has added similar support in iOS 9.3 ("NightShift") there will be more interest in this, so hopefully this will get added soon!

• Jacob GalatiJacob Galati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically Any Method for adjusting the gamma would be great. I found something to adjust the brightness but that doesn't fix the real problem. Just makes it so it doesnt hurt as much.

• ME-ONFIREME-ONFIRE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please integrate this feature! Working with flux on my extra monitor is crucial to me! Thanks

• TipsijaTipsija commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need color adjustment options for DisplayLink connected monitor. The monitor itself can't provide as much adjustment as required to get the colors displayed correctly. The driver does not allow any configuration, Windows color calibration just gives no effect. Please add functionality to adjust colors, gamma, contrast, brightness and other appropriate settings.
        I have just bought a USB dock station with DisplayLink, and currently it is very disappointing to use it with poor display color settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base