I suggest you...

Support Windows 10 Mobile Continuum

In the MS world, Disply Link support is good when running Windows on a laptop or a tablet. When it comes to Windows phones. it is the opposite: nothing, nada.

Ask Microsoft, They are so in need of trendy feature to boost their market share in mobile phone business, I am ready to bet they would finance the development.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arnaud AtochArnaud Atoch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding support for this would open up a huge number of opportunities with docks and UWP apps!

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be excellent with continuum. I've been trying to make Continuum for phones an actual thing but the only time I would use it is its already set up on a desk, if DisplayLink was available I would be able to set up my work station easily, like a laptop.

• Alban RamponAdminAlban Rampon (Windows Product Manager, DisplayLink) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, that's correct. This won't work until we have access to the pixels. Our driver need to do a bit more than just be a USB device. Windows Phone also has additional restrictions compared to the full blown OS... but at a minimum, we need to get access to the pixels before we can think about packaging them through USB. That will require an OS change so please make sure to also flag your interest to Microsoft.

• Windows Phone UserWindows Phone User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contrary to Oscar's post, newer Windows Phone 10 devices that support Continuum do have USB host capabilities. It would be awesome to have a portable USB monitor that I could hook up to the phone when on the go.

• Oscar HartOscar Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem is windows phones don't currently support usb host. granted some new windows phones might but currently none do. so no point.

Feedback and Knowledge Base