or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vlad Zah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still doesnt work. It detects the monitor properly, but does not put an image out. I have Dell ST24 monitor (both of them). After installation of the new drivers (ver. 2.6), it showed a static frozen image of desktop on external monitor. On re-boot, multiple times, it would not display anything on the monitor, even though it detects it properly on max OSx 10.11.6.
        my config: MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)

What is the work around? I cannot go back in time machine (due to other reasons).

• Simone Girlanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

version 2.6 Beta 1 partially solved problems I got on my on my MacBook Pro (Retina, Middle 2012), Mac OS X 10.11.5 and Display link driver 2.5 with Kensington dock sv3500v:

1. happen sometimes: moving windows on the screen make them "scrambled" and unreadeble, but If I make a printscreen the produced image is perfect (I can make a photo of my screen).
        2. solved: menu bar is black and unreadable

I'll check the new driver in the next days.

I've installed Mac OS X 10.11.2 and Display link driver 2.5 on my MacBook Pro (Retina, Middle 2012) with Kensington dock sv3500v, problems persist:

1. moving windows on the screen make them "scrambled" and unreadeble, but If I make a printscreen the produced image is perfect (I can make a photo of my screen).
        2. menu bar is black and unreadable

Update do not solved my problems.

• James Stracey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - as I write this the site "http://www.displaylink.com/" is offline. On that note, I've used various versions including the beta 5bv2 and still consistently unable to successfully drive either single or dual monitors using the Targus USB3.0 DV2K Dock w Power.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I uninstall the driver? I have used the uninstaller, and every time I try to re-install it says that a newer version is on the computer already. I've tried multiple times using the uninstaller and searched my Mac for remnants of it, all to no avail. Please tell me how to uninstall so I can use this monitor. I sent a request to support several days ago and have yet to get a response.

• Michael Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are coming out of the iMac via USB to HDMI Display Adapter and from there via HDMI to a Plasma TV. The display on the plasma is unusable at this point.

• Michael Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just updated to El Capitan and now the Display Port is not working at all. I uninstalled the driver and tried both 2.5 Beta and 2.4 and with both drivers, the screen displays horrible green horizontal lines. We need this ready for this Sunday's church service but apparently there isn't a way to contact your company directly.

• Julia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that reverting back to 2.4 has solved a lot of the problems I had.

• Julia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issues as Arthur described below - Acer monitors, MacBook Pro, El Capitan 10.11.1.

Two indentical monitors. One on Thunderbolt to DVI. One on usb->DisplayLink DVI.

My 2nd monitor is largely unusable at this point.

• Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is an update to my comment, marked as "Anonymous" on November 10, 2015, 23:24. Ok, so I wrote: "Still broken using an external monitor, I'm using MacBook Pro, El Capitan 10.11.1; it works for about 10 minute (when I boot up the computer) but after that it doesn't work..." ***The Update*** I went back to work and hooked up the Diamond Display link to my work monitors which both are exactly the same Dell P2212H, and now it works perfectly! Also I am using Thunderbolt port to DVI and the Display link to DVI (both are DVI). At home my set up is: Thunderbolt port to HDMI and Display Link to VGA with 2 different brand monitors. I believe that was causing my Mac to become confused and it would stop working! Since I am now (at work) using the same exact thing; it is now working as intended with no issues (DVI on both external monitors) So maybe you guys need to try to use the same exact connections either DVI, VGA or HDMI in order for it not to confuse your Mac. If that doesn't work, then try same exact connection ports + same exact monitors and maybe that will solve your issue. But, first try the cheapest way which is using the same output ports (which for me is DVI). Good luck! BTW, this may be an Apple issue not a Diamond Display Port issue, since my Mac is the one getting confused with 2 different types of connection ports cables.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still broken using an external monitor, I'm using MacBook Pro, El Capitan 10.11.1; it works for about 10 minute (when I boot up the computer) but after that it doesn't work. If the Macbook goes to sleep during those 10 minutes I loose complete connection to the screen and no matter what I do I cannot bring back the monitor to connect, unless I reboot my Mac Book again. I tried the Beta version 2.5 but October release and I get the same results. This used to work perfectly, but obviously something in El Capitan OS broke display link. Sadly, I have to purchase another Dock because I can't wait around for the Devs to fix the issue. If there is another update, please email me, and I"ll upload it and try it out.

• Pasquale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The last update of el capitan and the 2.5beta 2 displaylink drivers fix all the issues for me.

Still broken using 2.5 beta 2. External monitors using DVI output experience many issues, transparency, artifacts, etc. DisplayLink is basically unusable. Will purchase another dock in the future since it doesn't seem like the developers care much about their users.

Come on Display link. El Capitan has been out in the market for a month and in beta for over five months now. You should be embarrassed that you only have a highly unstable beta driver released. Get it together and stop blaming the hardware manufacturers. Your software is unstable on multiple platforms the problem lies with your company not with anyone else. Fix YOUR issues!

I've installed OS X 10.11.1, but all problems remain : black/unreadeable top menu bar, scrambled forms while and after moving, ecc.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Macbook Pro 2012 with Dell D3100 USB3 hub. I have three identical Dell 24in monitors connected to the hub in addition to my laptop display, for a total of 4 displays.
        The three dell monitors connect to the hub via 2 HDMI and one displayport (displayport adapter connect to vga). This setup was working fine for months since I was on displaylink driver 2.4.
        When upgraded to Elcapitan, things continued to work fine.
        Then when i upgraded to displaylink adapter 2.5, things went south. My only problem is that the third dell monitor, which connects via displayport on the hub, comes up with bad resolution like 800x600 whenever i connect the usb3 cable to my mac. When I open display properties, click on that monitor and look at available resolutions to change it, I get an empty list of resolutions. Then the solution is basically I have to unplug the displayport from the dell hub, then reconnect and magically things work again where the third monitor gets the right resolution of 1920x1200 and then am able to see a list of available other resolution for that monitor.
        This is annoying, each time laptop goes to sleep or I connect the usb3 to hub cable, I have to unplug and plug the displayport. Any Ideas?

I tried downgrading to 2.4 driver of displaylink, but that did not work. I uninstalled 2.5, restarted, installed 2.4, restarted, then the whole hub did not work, all external screens are black.

Running latest 2.5 Beta 2 on El Capitan inside a Diamond USB 2.0 adapter. Connected monitor shows the mouse pointer and shows in Display preferences, but no other interaction is possible. For example, you cannot move a window to the monitor or interact with the menubar.

The previous beta version was working.

I tried at OSX 2.2, 2.4 and 2.5 beta 2. DVI / VGA output totally frizzed my monitor and its black. ethernet and USB Ports works.
        At Win 8.1 its okey, sometimes frizzed but 2 times per day, nothing bad.

@OSX 10.11, Air 2014

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base