I suggest you...

DisplayLink Unusable on Windows 10 Makes Whole System Decrease Performance

Since latest Windows 10 Updates DisplayLink Became Unusable.
I struggled trying to find what was happening to my Computer just to find out it was my DisplayLink Device EVGA UV59+....

I Noticed immediately the change in performance after unplugging the DisplyayLink Device, if i Plug it in Whole Windows system gets slower, you notice in animations like start menu, Task View and action center everything gets slower. even if theres no windows or program open on DisplayLink screens Makes Whole System Decrease Performance

I know i dont Have USB 3.0 but it used to work cool on USB 2.0, i expected the lag in the DisplayLink Screens but not slowing down whole system.

Maybe the problem its a bottleneck with the USB 2.0 Bandwidth but why it affects the whole system?

i also read there is a problem were display link detects the wrong OPENGL driver so you have to make the primary monitor one that is connected directly to the videocard, not displaylink screen.

But i dont have Displaylink as main monitor but the problem still happens, Maybe this is whats happening with the wrong driver

But with this problem i had to finally put my multimonitor setup and DisplayLink device to rest, Hoping this gets fixed one day

Since the processor or the ram dont show any sign of the under-performance its hard to tell whats happening maybe a lot of users are experiencing the same slow system without knowing what is happening.

It will be good if this is stated somewhere on your webpage for users to know there may be a general system performance problem if you use a DisplayLink device in Windows 10

i Have a Core I7 / Mobility Radeon 5850 1 GB / 12 GB RAM / SSD the system is still pretty fast even if its old.

it will be good to know if its a problem with USB 2.0 bandwidth Bottleneck or if The Problem its The OPENGL wrong driver detection

Thanks!!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    reset77reset77 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...