I suggest you...

Make DisplayLink drivers work with suspend on Ubuntu

My DisplayLink-attached screen went awry after resuming from suspend, and I see that it's a known issue. Not being able to use suspend on a laptop is a major loss of functionality for me.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vadim Peretokin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

xrandr does not help. I have tried

sudo xrandr --auto

and

sudo xrandr -s 0

to no effect. I don't see any other options in the man that appear to be useful. Is there something else you had in mind?

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new release 1.2.58 does not work at all for me. I am running Ubuntu 16.04 on an HP G72 laptop with an AOC e1649wu USB monitor as a secondary monitor.

I was previously running the 1.1.68 release, which worked fine except that the USB monitor would not come back on after suspend. I downloaded 1.2.58, ran sudo displaylink-installer uninstall, rebooted the computer, and installed 1.2.58

When I boot up, the primary screen is fine and the USB monitor has alternating purple and blue(?) horizontal bars. After about 15-20 seconds the USB screen goes black. lsusb shows the DisplayLink monitor as present.

Feedback and Knowledge Base