I suggest you...

TrayIcon should always display if installed

Suggestion: The DisplayLink Manager TrayIcon should show even if the hardware is not detected. In that case, it should provide links to helpful KB articles (or better yet, include the troubleshooting steps offline).

That would have saved me about three hours of troubleshooting a 3rd-party (LizTek) product before I finally stumbled on this site.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Warren E. DownsWarren E. Downs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. Now in implementation on v8.0 of our drivers. This will help the debugging by telling which element of the chain is missing. Today, the icon is only visible if drivers are installed, AND a device using DisplayLink technology is connected and running AND a working monitor is plugged into it.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MycGyverMycGyver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the request but I think you need an option to easily hide the icon. If we use in a corporate conference room, every user that plugs into that conference room would have extra icon in the tray permanently and have extra software running even though they may never use that conference room again. There should always be an option to not display the icon and not load the software drivers by default.

• Warren DownsWarren Downs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this improvement! DisplayLink is great technology and this will make it better! Thanks for the quick response to this suggestion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base