Skip to content

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

41 results found

1. LG L206WU USB monitors working with Windows 10 Anniversary

Update DisplayLink Drivers to support LG L206WU USB monitors with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So are you going to FIX the video versus mass storage device USB driver issue between Windows 10 Anniversary and HP Docking HSTNN S01X ?

So are you going to FIX the video versus mass storage device USB driver issue between Windows 10 Anniversary and HP Docking HSTNN S01X , or are we just out of luck?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Wim responded

This cannot be fixed by DisplayLink as we now need to use the Microsoft USB driver. The Microsoft USB driver cannot support switching USB configurations, which is required to support these docks. This means there are no plans to fix this issue.

3. Save and restore windows position after a crash

The display link driver crash sometimes. And all the running apps are displayed on the primary monitor.
    It's a pain in th a** to move them agin to the others monitors again and again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I wish we could do that. DisplayLink driver doesn’t have the notion of what a window is. We get pixels and we display them. The window position is part of the window desktop manager (WDM) in the OS. You can find third party apps which constantly look at specific window title and position to stick them in specific locations.

4. Main display taskbar setting issues with surface pro3

On my surface pro 3/win10 with a toshiba dynadock the right side of the taskbar (notifications/time/etc) always has it displaying on the surface pro3 screen even tho when i go into display settings it shows that one of my external monitors is the main display.

If I make the surface screen the main screen and then switch it back to an external screen then the external screen will have the correct taskbar functions.

If I change it to another external display then that display will not display it correctly and if i switch it back to the original main one…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Having investigated this, it looks to be specific to Windows on the SP3.

DisplayLink drivers and software make no changes to the position of the task bar. The OS certainly thinks that the DisplayLink display is the primary monitor, but does not always move the task bar to reflect this.

There is nothing DisplayLink can do to change this behaviour.

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IOS needed...

Write an IOS-Driver for I-Tec Dual Dockingstation 3.0.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. uninstall incompatible drivers

how to uninstall incompatible drivers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink cannot be responsible for uninstalling 3rd party software. This needs to be done by a user so they understand what is happening.

We alert the user that there is incompatible software installed, and provide a link to describe how to remove it. It is then the choice of the user to uninstall, rather than DisplayLink software automatically uninstalling other software.

8. stop update the displaylink driver automatically

My surface pro connect a USB displaylink to external monitor, however, the driver version 7.9M3 & 7.9M4 have problems to display correctly with some web sites, for example, http://www.ifeng.com when browsed by Microsoft Edge. The driver version 7.9M0 has no such problem. I tried to reinstall version 7.9 M0 several times, but it keeps update it to 7.9M4 stupidly! Suggest: reminds users of the new version driver available, let user decide if he/she wants to upgrade it! It's really stupid to update automatically without

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s not “stupid” but necessary due to changes in Intel graphics drivers your machine uses. We do not put any update in Windows Update as critical unless we absolutely have to.

Please create a support ticket with your log files so we can investigate your particular case. Details on support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544810-how-can-i-report-windows-installation-issues-to-di

9. Better Mac OS X support

Better Mac OS X support

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This needs a better description as to specific issues on Mac that need addressing. Some issues are already documented and being worked on by DisplayLink. as documented in knowledgebase articles.

10. Audio/Video profiles and shortcuts.

It would be helpful to have keyboard shortcuts for specific display profiles. I connected my dock to multiple monitors and would like to change the profiles as need. Everything has be done through menus now. When you have multiple settings to change, its cumbersome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to use displaylink in Android kitket.

Hello.
    Used properly, in my displaylink in the Android Lollipop. I want to use displaylink in Android kitket.
    Do you have plans to support Android kitket?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do not update to DisplayLink version 7.9M3 on Windows 10, your displays will stop functioning.

DisplayLink just auto updated to version 7.9M3 on Windows 10. My displays stopped functioning and would not start working again, even though the dock was properly recognized in Device Manager. Uninstall current version and return to version 7.9M2 and your displays will begin working again. DisplayLink needs to address this issue.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

V7.9 M3 is required to be compatible with the latest Intel and NVIDIA graphics drivers on Windows 10.

If you are having issues, please let us know through the contact area of the support site, including as much information as possible and your DisplayLink log files so we can look into it further.

13. How do I install on an external disk?

For Apple OSX:
    Although the installer shows a destination button during the install process, once you start it skips it. You cannot select another destination.
    I would like to install the driver on an external disk, is there a work around?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. automate recovery of of known issues

use disable monitor (github) like code, or partner with that fellow to configure reliable placement of primary and tertiary displays. Such software could also probably be used to automate the recovery steps for the osx beta involving turning off all monitors and turning them back on... etc. Could be scripted and done without the user. At the least, check out the prj for quicker QA...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be done today, using standard OS interfaces. DisplayLink displays can be managed using OS APIs.

Any known issues or problems that can be detected or worked around are already done today.

15. Loose connector between USB3 and VGA converter

Improve connection between USB3 and VGA converter. The small, non-standard connector is falling out all the time. Make a screwed in connector as is found on the DVI/VGA side.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

DisplayLink is not responsible for the product design. We provide ICs which can be integrated into products. Physical hardware failures such as this, should be fed back to the product manufacturer.

16. Build a DispalyLink KVM!

Basically what I would like is a KVM that uses displaylink.. so only requires a single USB lead from the KVM to each host (4 or 8 hosts please), and a couple of USB's on the KVM.. one for a displaylink USB monitor, and one each for keyboard and mouse, perhaps a fourth for a usb hub if needed.

Send video keyboard and mouse down the one usb lead.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea, but this is not something specific for DisplayLink to do.

This would be a product built by a DisplayLink partner who would take the DisplayLink technology and build a KVM around it.

17. touchscreen support

The screen connected to my displaylink device (Toshiba dynadock) is touchscreen capable. It works beautifully with my Windows laptops but when I connect my Nexus android tablet to the dynadock, the touchscreen capabilities of my screen are ignored.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The touch screen controllers are separate from DisplayLink and there is no touch screen technology built into our ICs.

Touch screen support is enabled by customers integrating DisplayLink and a touch screen controller into the same product.

This means that the drivers for the touch screen controller differ between products and are not part of the DisplayLink driver.

For touch support on Android, the touch screen drivers would need to be integrated into the Android OS, and this is not something DisplayLink can do as we do not own the OS on phones or tablets.

18. integrate with package managers

It would be lovely if i could keep up with the latest display link drivers and software using brew or apt-get. I don't think that's super hard... better apple/linux support probably a priority... but yeah. I think you have a huge market with people who want the reliability of Apple and the display real estate offered by display link (since apple wants you to use their wimpy graphics cards, or pay through the nose for $1000 retina displays).

(I have 4 display link driven 24 inch screens connected to my mac, with the 2 supported by my laptop -- it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. For Linux we intend to supply and support a driver for Ubuntu, but have designed it to be repackaged for distribution to other Linux distributions.

We cannot be the experts to maintain this for all Linux distros. We intend to provide the tools to enable it to be ported and added to package managers by those familiar with the particular distro they wish to package it for.

If you have repackaged it for a package manager, please let us know and we can build a list of supported distros.

19. (Bug) a part of window put on between two monitors is invisible !! (Yosemite)

Bug report (Yosemite)

When I move a window from a monitor to "between" two monitors,

Ver 2.3 to be invisible "destination side" window
    Ver 2.4b1 to be invisible "source side" window

This is serious bug, so please improve at once.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See the comment from Carlo on this being an OS X feature, which can be disabled.

20. fix the random logout issue with Displaylink on a Macbook pro

My idea is that the driver is usable without logging me out because the display server crashes on my MBP. This happens once or twice a week causing me to lose work, get disconnected from meetings, etc.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This requires fixes from Apple on later versions of OS X.The crashes do not occur on 10.8, even though it is the same driver.

• Don't see your idea?

DisplayLink Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base